General Terms and Conditions
The student, applicant, account/fee payer, lawful guardian and/or sponsor will herein collectively be referred to as the “Student”. Upon acceptance to Oxbridge Academy, the Student shall be jointly and separately liable for the fulﬁlment of all terms of the agreement.
Oxbridge Academy reserves the right to cancel a Student’s registration without having to give a reason for such cancellation. Students who are on monthly payment plans will not and cannot claim any refund if Oxbridge Academy cancels their registration, since the monthly payments are for the availability and/or delivery of items and tuition up to the end of the current month for which the Student has paid. If Oxbridge Academy chooses to cancel the registration of a Student who has paid for the course in advance, such a Student is not entitled to a refund.
In the event of any Student desiring to terminate his/her studies, for any reason whatsoever, this shall not absolve the Student from full liability for the payment of fees and any other charges and shall be dealt with in accordance to the cancellation and refund policy. The Student’s failure to make progress with his/her studies, or to complete a programme of study, for whatever reason, shall in no way entitle him/her to a reduction in fees, nor will it absolve him/her from full liability for the payment of fees and other charges.
No cancellation of this contract shall be of force or eﬀect without written consent thereto by an authorised office of Oxbridge Academy.
The right to tuition and examinations is not transferable.
The Student hereby accepts that Oxbridge Academy shall have the right to vary the course syllabus at any time, without prior notiﬁcation and without furnishing reasons. Oxbridge Academy shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel any course or subject initially advertised and offered on the basis of insufficient demand.
In the event of the signatories to this agreement, other than Oxbridge Academy, having completed this form incorrectly or the payment details herein not being in accordance with the requirements of Oxbridge Academy, such incorrect information or payment details shall be deemed to have been amended so as to be in accordance with the requirements of Oxbridge Academy, without further notice.
Oxbridge Academy shall be deemed to include any division of Oxbridge Academy or any other juristic person to whom the rights and obligations of Oxbridge Academy, as contained herein, may be ceded and/or assigned.
Capacity to enter into agreement:
- For an organisation: The contracting party (the organisation) hereby warrants to Oxbridge Academy that the signatory (representing the organisation) has the required legal capacity to enter into, and be bound by, these terms and conditions. The organisation accepts all the terms and conditions of the entire agreement.
- For an individual: I hereby declare that there is no legal impediment to my concluding this agreement and that I am legally bound to this contract and accept all the terms and conditions of the entire agreement.
Person dealing with Oxbridge Academy on the student’s behalf:
Oxbridge Academy will only correspond and deal with the Student. Oxbridge Academy will not enter into correspondence with any person or any organisation representing the Student, except for the Ombudsman, a parent or legal guardian (only in the case where the Student is a minor), a person representing a relevant accrediting body or institute, or the Student’s lawyer.
Oxbridge Academy will speciﬁcally not engage in further servicing, communicating or corresponding with a Student once that Student has cancelled his/her registration or has had his/her registration cancelled by Oxbridge Academy. The cancellation process brings to an end the relationship between Oxbridge Academy and the Student.
I undertake to notify Oxbridge Academy, in writing, of any changes in my contact details, including but not limited to my business, postal or residential addresses, my home, work or cell phone number(s), and my email address, within 7 (seven) days of such changes.
If the Student has not notified Oxbridge Academy, in writing, of an address change, Oxbridge Academy will not be responsible for the resending of study material that has been sent to the address provided during the registration process, or the address as recorded via official changes made on the system.
I choose the address as disclosed during the registration process as my domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes arising from this agreement.
Adhering to entrance criteria:
The Student is responsible for ensuring that he/she is registered on the correct course and that he/she adheres to the latest and correct entrance criteria. Oxbridge Academy will not accept Students who do not adhere to the entrance criteria for the courses they registered on. Oxbridge Academy will cancel the registration of Students who registered without adhering to the entrance criteria for their chosen courses.
1. Updates to study material
Oxbridge Academy will provide the Student with study material according to the course list as at the time of the Student’s enrolment. Oxbridge Academy is not responsible for issuing the Student with study material according to outdated course lists.
2. Missing or incorrect study material
The Student has 30 days to query missing or incorrect study material. After 30 days, the Student will be liable for the costs of replacing or resending the correct study material.
1. Registration fees
A non-refundable registration fee is payable if fees are to be paid in monthly instalments. The registration fee represents an initial deposit and contributes towards the activation of your course. Please refer to your confirmation of enrolment letter for more details.
2. Programme fees
The Student takes responsibility for the payment of all fees and other charges due to Oxbridge Academy. The programme fees exclude external institute membership fees.
The Student agrees to be liable for all costs of debt recovery, including professional fees and collection commission.
Postage on all material sent to Oxbridge Academy is payable by the Student.
Course material will be supplied to the Student in parts, as and when the required amount of fees has been paid. The replacement of study material will be for the account of the Student.
The monthly instalment will be due by the date indicated on the registration form. The monthly instalment amount depends on the employment status of the Student and the chosen payment method.
In the event of any fees due by the Student being unpaid on the due date, the full balance of such fees remaining unpaid shall become immediately due and payable. The Student will not receive reports, certificates, or exam results unless the account is paid up in full.
A Student who has failed academically shall not receive any reimbursement of their tuition fee.
Once the recommended period of study has passed, the Student is required to apply and pay for an extension to complete his/her studies.
3. Extension Fees
If the learner does not complete the course within the period specified on the confirmation of enrolment letter, the learner will be required to apply and pay for an extension to complete his/her studies. A fee of R850 is payable upon application for extension. The student will also be required to purchase a new textbook (or textbooks) if any curriculum changes were implemented that resulted in changes to study material.
No extensions will be granted for courses that have been discontinued and are no longer offered by Oxbridge Academy, or courses that have passed their registration and/or accreditation date.
4. Exam Fees
Students who registered after 2015 have one exam per subject included in their course fees. The following conditions apply:
- An exam rewrite fee is payable if a Student is absent from an exam after being registered for that specific exam.
- In the unfortunate event that a Student fails an exam, an exam rewrite fee is payable in advance if the Student wants to rewrite the subject(s) in the next exam session.
- Matric rewrite exam fees are payable if a Student cancels during or after the exam registration period.
- All exam fees are non-refundable.
Change of course:
Oxbridge Academy will assist Students who wish to change their course in order to select a better fit. One change of course is permitted per Student. One free change of course is offered within the first 5 months of registration.
After 5 months, application, acceptance, library and programme fees will be deducted from account credits. If, at any time after registration, a course is changed to one with a higher price, the student will be invoiced the difference between the two course prices.
The following fees will be deducted:
a) Change of course fee: R800
b) Modules: Depending on the modules themselves
c) Any debits with regards to debit order reversal fees, exam fees, etc.
Cancellation and refund policy:
If a Student is not satisfied with the services delivered by Oxbridge Academy, the Student may request cancellation. The Student should send and request receipt of a signed letter to a person authorised by Oxbridge Academy to cancel registration in terms of this contract.
Oxbridge Academy may retain the following amounts as a reasonable cancellation fee, and the Student warrants that he/she understands the meaning of a reasonable cancellation fee as set out in Section 14 of the CPA, and that he/she understands that Oxbridge Academy has agreed these to be reasonable for the purpose of Section 14(3)(b)9i), to cover its administrative and other costs:
|Course duration between 6 to 8 months||Within 30 days from date of registration||The amount below must be paid and will not be refunded: 15% of the contract amount, plus the full cost of any academic material already supplied.|
|After 30 days from date of registration||The amount below must be paid and will not be refunded: 100% of the contract amount.|
|Course duration 12 months or more||Within 30 days from date of registration||The amount below must be paid and will not be refunded: 15% of the contract amount, plus the full cost of any academic material already supplied.|
|After 30 days but before 6 months from date of registration||The amount below must be paid and will not be refunded: 50% of the contract amount, plus the full cost of any academic material already supplied.|
|After 6 months from date of registration||The amount below must be paid and will not be refunded: 100% of the contract amount.|
Oxbridge Academy reserves the right to use the Student’s information to provide the necessary materials to the Student and to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under this agreement.
This agreement is subject to acceptance by Oxbridge Academy. This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the Parties.
Signatures and agreement:
- Oxbridge Academy may, at any time, request copies of my recent pay slips and bank statements.
- Should I fail to make any payment I owe, the full amount of the balance I owe shall become immediately payable. Oxbridge Academy shall be entitled to proceed against me for recovery without further notice.
- If I am in arrears or if legal action is instituted, I agree to pay all legal costs, including the charges between attorney and client, collection charges, tracing costs and commission.
- I consent in terms of Section 65J of the Magistrate’s Court Act No 32 of 1944 to an emoluments attachment order to be issued, without further notice to me, from the court of the district in which my employer resides, carries on business, or is employed, and that the amount of the emoluments be attached in instalments as reflected in my agreement with Oxbridge Academy.
- Oxbridge Academy may send me related marketing material.
- By agreeing to be responsible for the student fees and/or registering as a student at Oxbridge Academy, I give Oxbridge Academy permission to:
a) Contact any credit bureaus or other credit providers to request information regarding my credit worthiness.
b) Release information with regards to my payment history with Oxbridge Academy to any of the credit bureaus.
c) Contact any referrals to confirm my information.
d) Cede this agreement.
By accepting the terms and conditions at any point during the registration process, the Student affirms the following:
- We declare that the information in this application is complete and correct. We authorise Oxbridge Academy to verify information contained in this application form and make any other enquiries that may be necessary.
- We understand that if any part of it is found to be incomplete, false or misleading, Oxbridge Academy may cancel this registration.
- I, the Applicant/Student, undertake to abide by the policies and rules of Oxbridge Academy.
- I, the Parent/Guardian, give permission to the above-mentioned Applicant/Student to enrol at Oxbridge Academy.
- I hereby agree that I have read and understood these terms and conditions.
- I agree that by clicking on the button below, along with providing my personal identifying information contained in the electronic form submitted with these agreed-upon terms, that I am entering this contract and I understand this action to be legally binding.