- How can I pay my fees?
- How can I check my account balance?
- Where do I send my proof of payment?
- How do I know whether my payment has been received?
- Can I change my course?
- Can I get proof that I am a student at Oxbridge Academy?
- When will my study material arrive?
- What can I do if I need help with an assignment?
- What stationery must I use to do my assignment?
- How do I submit my assignment?
- What if I fail an assignment?
- How will I know if my assignment has been received by the college?
- When will I get feedback on my assignment?
- Can I have my assignment remarked?
- Can I get a progress report?
- How do I register for exams?
- How can I find out where my nearest exam centre is?
- Do I have to pay to write my exams?
- Do I need to write exams?
- Why don’t I have to write exams?
- When will I receive my exam results?
- How can I get access to the Student Portal?
- What do I do if I can’t log in to the Student Portal?
- When will I receive my certificate/diploma?
- I have lost my certificate – how can I get a new copy?
- How can I order a T-shirt/hoodie?
1. How can I pay my fees? (What are the payment options?)
You have a few options when it comes to paying your fees. You can choose:
- In-store payments via Pay@, which you can do at Pick n Pay, Shoprite, Checkers, Spar, Pep, Ackermans, and more
- Bank deposits
- EFTs (internet transfers)
- Stop Orders
Click here for more information regarding the payment options.
2. How can I check my account balance?
You can check your account balance by logging in to the Student Portal, or by contacting the fees department:
Tel: 021 110 0201 / 021 200 6237
6. Can I get proof that I am a student at Oxbridge Academy?
If you have registered and paid your registration fee, you can request proof that you are an Oxbridge Academy student by contacting Student Support:
Tel: 021 200 6236
7. When will my study material arrive?
- If you choose to receive your study material via courier, it will arrive within 8 working days. The courier we use is UTI, so you can use your tracking number to track your parcel via the UTI website.
- If you choose to receive your study material via post, it will reach you within 7 – 14 working days. You can use your tracking number to track your parcel using the post office app.
9. What stationery must I use to do my assignment?
Please look at the assignment instructions on the assignment, as well as at the assignment guidelines in your Success Study Guide, to find out what stationery to use when you complete your assignment.
For most written assignments, you can either type your answers out, or write them by hand in either black or blue ink. If you choose to complete your assignment by hand, please make sure that your handwriting is neat and easy to read.
10. How do I submit my assignment?
You can submit your assignment using one of the following methods:
- Email: Send your assignment to email@example.com
- Post: Send your assignment to PO Box 12723, Die Boord, Stellenbosch, 7613
- Student Portal: Log in on www.myhomestudy.co.za and look for the option to submit your assignment
Always remember to make a copy of your assignment before sending it to the college to be marked.
11. What if I fail an assignment?
In most cases, you will be given an opportunity to redo your assignments until you pass. Keep in mind that if you take longer than the recommended duration of your course, you may need to pay an extension fee. And if you want to register for an exam, you need to pass the assignments for the relevant subject(s) before the exam registration period closes.
12. How will I know if my assignment has been received by the college?
You will receive an SMS notifying you that we have received your assignment. Please note that you will only receive this SMS once your assignment has been delivered to the tutor, which means that it could take up to 5 days for you to receive your SMS. If you submitted your assignment via post, you also need to keep in mind the time that it takes for the assignment to reach us, which could be up to 2 weeks.
13. When will I get feedback on my assignment?
You will get feedback on your assignment within 2 weeks after we have received it. Once your assignment has been marked, we will send you an SMS with your mark, and we will send your marked assignment back to you via post. Please note that it may take up to 14 days for your marked assignment to be delivered to you via post.
15. Can I get a progress report?
You can contact Student Support to find out whether you are able to obtain a progress report/statement of results:
Tel: 021 200 6236
If you are eligible to receive a progress report/statement of results, you will need to pay R120 and send your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org before your progress report will be issued. (Please indicate on the proof of payment that the money is for a progress report/statement of results.)
17. How can I find out where my nearest exam centre is?
Please send an email with your name, your student number, and the name of the course you are studying to email@example.com to find out where your nearest exam centre is.
18. Do I have to pay to write my exams?
It depends on which course you are studying:
N1 – N6
No, your exam fees are included in your course fees. You will only have to pay exam fees if you fail an exam and need to rewrite.
Oxbridge Academy Skills Course (excluding online courses), ETDP SETA (assessor and moderator) Course, ISO Course, BS OHSAS Course
There are no exams for your course.
It depends on which course you are studying. Please consult your course material to find out whether you need to write an exam, and if yes, to find out whether your exam fees are included in your course fees.
19. Do I need to write exams?
It depends on which course you are studying. In general, the following applies:
- If you are studying an Oxbridge Academy skills course (excluding online courses), ISO course, BS OHSAS course, assessor course, or moderator course, you do not need to write exams.
- If you are studying an N1 – N6 course, you will be required to write exams.
- If you are studying an online course, you may be required to write an online exam (depending on which online course you are studying).
20. Why don’t I have to write exams?
Exams are not the only way to assess students’ skills and progress. If you are studying an Oxbridge Academy skills course, ISO course, BS OHSAS course, assessor course, or moderator course, you will be assessed by means of assignments, instead of exams. Depending on which course you are studying, you may also be required to hand in a portfolio of evidence (PoE) to demonstrate the work you have done throughout your course.
21. When will I receive my exam results? (excluding GED® Test Programme)
N1 – N6 exams:
You will receive your exam results once they are made available by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) – which is usually at the beginning of the semester following the one during which you wrote the exams.
Online test and exams:
Your test and exam results will be available immediately and your results will be summarised within the course.
22. How can I get access to the Student Portal?
Your Student Portal access should be activated as soon as your registration is complete and your proof of payment has been received. You will then be able to log in to the Student Portal using your student number as your username and your ID number as your password.
You can find the login page here: www.myhomestudy.co.za
24. When will I receive my certificate/diploma?
Oxbridge Academy skills certificate:
You will receive your certificate once you have passed all your assignments and paid all your course fees. Your certificate will either be posted to you or delivered to you by courier.
N1 – N3 certificate:
You will receive your certificate from Umalusi once you have written and passed all your exams.
N4 – N6 certificate:
You will receive your certificate from the DHET once you have written and passed all your exams.
You can apply to receive your N6 diploma after you have obtained your N6 certificate and are able to provide sufficient proof that you have completed 18 months of relevant practical work experience.
ETDP SETA unit standard completion certificate:
You will receive your unit standard completion certificate within approximately 3 months after you have submitted your Portfolio of Evidence.
Certificate for completing an online course:
You will receive your certificate once you have passed all your assignments and exams and you have paid all your course fees. Your certificate will either be posted to you or delivered to you by courier.
For information on the GED® Test Programme click here to read the brochure.
25. I have lost my certificate – how can I get a new copy?
You can get a new copy of your Oxbridge Academy skills certificate or ETDP SETA unit standard completion certificate by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with proof of payment of the R170 certificate replacement fee. Please indicate on your proof of payment that the money is for a re-issue of your certificate.
If you want a new copy of a certificate or diploma issued by the DHET, please contact Student Support:
Tel: 021 200 6236
Alternatively, you can contact the DHET directly.