DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES
As a distance learning student, you don’t attend classes on campus. This often means that you don’t have access to the same resources as students studying on campus. However, many distance learning institutions make up for this by providing you with access to a large variety of other resources, such as:
- Individual academic support from a tutor or instructor
- Study material specifically designed for distance learning students
- Online student portals
- Online databases and virtual libraries
- Student forums and message boards
These resources can go a long way towards improving your distance learning course – if you use them effectively.
At Oxbridge Academy, we help you figure out how to make the most of your distance learning experience, and this includes showing you how to use your resources more effectively.
Speak to an Oxbridge Academy Student Advisor:
Call us on 021 1100 200
Here are some tips on how to use your distance learning resources more effectively:
- Ask for help when you need it. Your tutors and instructors are there to help you, but they can only give you the support you need if you ask for it.
- Get in touch with other students who are studying the same course as you. You can form face-to-face study groups, interact with one another via instant messaging or online message boards, or exchange notes and summaries with one another via email.
- Develop your computer skills. Make sure that you are comfortable using the various computer applications and software programs relevant to your course. If your course involves a lot of research work, for example, make sure that you know how to use search engines and online databases optimally.
Additional resources for distance learning students
If you are looking for resources to help you develop your study skills, or to help you manage your time more efficiently, you can read the following articles:
- 12 Free Apps Every Student Should Have
- 3 Online Tools that Make Your Life Easier
- 5 Reasons Why Your Next Course Should Be a Distance Learning Course
- 7 Factors to Consider when Choosing a Correspondence College
- 7 Healthy Habits Every Distance Learning Student Should Make Time For
- Are Distance Learning Courses Recognised in the Workplace?
- How to Find a Study Partner When You’re a Distance Learning Student
- Study Hacks for Distance Learning Students