Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate:
When working in the hospitality and service industry, it is crucial that you have mastered certain skills and gained expertise in specific areas in order for you to give your customers a pleasant experience. This short learning programme will help you develop a better understanding of aspects such service skills, menu basics, food and beverage services, the basics of South African wine, and fundamental business skills.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to develop the skills you need to work in the field of restaurant management.
- You are considering a career in tourism and hospitality and want to add to your knowledge base and skills set.
- You are already working in the hospitality industry and want to improve on customer service and customer experience.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
- Basic Principles of South African Wine
- Restaurant Management
- Fundamental Business Skills 101
- The Professional Waitron
- Students are required to complete 1-2 assignment(s) per subject.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Hospitality Services from Oxbridge Academy.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 500.00 X 14.2 months
Please note that the registration fee shown applies to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Catering Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Food & Beverage Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Hotel & Catering Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Hotel Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Restaurant Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Tourism Management
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.
Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
|"I’m so delighted today, I have received my Skills Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management. I also want to appreciate the Certificate of Commendation, I feel I’m blesses to have been recognized with the Award. This has been delivered by courier on my doorstep. I am hoping to continue with you in future for my next plans. Thank you for the Student support I got from you, they have been very helpful by doing follow up with my studies. This really encouraged me so much. I look forward to work with you again and also recommend you to others." |
Tinyiko Betty Hlungwani