OXBRIDGE ACADEMY SHORT COURSE: BASIC PRINCIPLES OF SOUTH AFRICAN WINE
This rudimentary course will give you an introduction to the basic principles of South African wine. It covers elements such as terms used in the wine industry, the art of making of wine, and the intricacies of wine tasting. It will help you develop a better understanding of the different types of wine, and give you the knowledge to better appreciate the wine industry in general.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You are a wine enthusiast but lack the theoretical knowledge to back up your experience when it comes to speaking on the subject.
- You are considering a career in tourism and hospitality and want to add to your knowledge base and skills set.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme
- No matric
Learning units covered:
- Wine Labels
- Wine Making
- Wine Tasting
- Students are required to complete 1 assignment.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Short Course Certificate: Basic Principles of South African Wine from Oxbridge Academy.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 500.00 X 3 months
Please note that the registration fee shown applies to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
|"I’m so delighted today, I have received my Skills Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management. I also want to appreciate the Certificate of Commendation, I feel I’m blesses to have been recognized with the Award. This has been delivered by courier on my doorstep. I am hoping to continue with you in future for my next plans. Thank you for the Student support I got from you, they have been very helpful by doing follow up with my studies. This really encouraged me so much. I look forward to work with you again and also recommend you to others." |
Tinyiko Betty Hlungwani