Tourism and Hospitality Courses
National Certificate: N6 Hospitality and Catering Services (SAQA ID 67008)
This course builds on the knowledge and skills you gained in the previous level, and further prepares you for a career in the hospitality industry.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You have already completed the N5-level course.
- You want to extend your knowledge of hospitality and catering services further.
- You want to go on to earn your National Diploma by completing this course and gaining 18 months of relevant practical experience.
- You plan on furthering your education at university-level in future.
- N6 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 67008
- 12 months
- N5 Hospitality and Catering Services
- Computer Practice N4 OR Introductory Computer Practice
- Catering: Theory and Practical N6
- Applied Management N6
- Communication and Human Relations N6
Students are required to complete the following
- 3 assignments per subject
- 1 exam per subject
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement: N6 Hospitality and Catering Services from the DHET. In addition, after students have submitted proof that they have gained 18 months of relevant practical experience, they will be awarded a National Diploma (360 credits) from the DHET.
N courses are offered and assessed by Oxbridge Academy. After gaining a qualifying year mark, students will be admitted to write the national examination at an approved venue. Read our N4-N6 Exam letter for information on writing the exams.
Need assistance with gaining practical work experience?
While you are busy with your course, or after you have completed your studies, you can sign up for the DHET’s free placement service – webapps.dhet.gov.za/iWIL – so that your profile can be matched with a suitable employer offering opportunities for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) or Workplace Based Learning (WBL) in your field of study.