National Certificate: N4 Hospitality and Catering Services (SAQA ID 66891)
When you study this course, you’ll gain fundamental knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the hospitality and catering services industry. In addition to learning about essential elements such as catering, nutrition and safety, you’ll develop valuable management and communication skills.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to develop the skills you need to work effectively and efficiently in the hospitality industry
- You already work in the hospitality industry and want to earn a national qualification to support your practical experience
- N4 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 66891
Matric or Introductory N4
- Catering Theory N4
- Sanitation and Safety N4
- Nutrition and Menu Planning N4
- Applied Management for Hospitality Services N4
Students are required to complete the following:
- 3 assignments per subject
- 1 exam per subject
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement: N4 Hospitality and Catering Services from the DHET.
N courses are offered and assessed by Oxbridge Academy. After gaining a qualifying year mark, students will be admitted to write the national examination at an approved venue. Read our N4-N6 Exam letter for information on writing the exams.
Need assistance with gaining practical work experience?
While you are busy with your course, or after you have completed your studies, you can sign up for the DHET’s free placement service – webapps.dhet.gov.za/iWIL – so that your profile can be matched with a suitable employer offering opportunities for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) or Workplace Based Learning (WBL) in your field of study.
R 12 600.00
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 12 000.00
R 700.00 X 17.1 months
Please note that the registration fee shown applies to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.
Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
Other Tourism and Hospitality Courses:
|"I’m so delighted today, I have received my Skills Certificate in Hotel and Catering Management. I also want to appreciate the Certificate of Commendation, I feel I’m blesses to have been recognized with the Award. This has been delivered by courier on my doorstep. I am hoping to continue with you in future for my next plans. Thank you for the Student support I got from you, they have been very helpful by doing follow up with my studies. This really encouraged me so much. I look forward to work with you again and also recommend you to others." |
Tinyiko Betty Hlungwani