Hospitality Management Courses
What Is Hospitality Management?
Hospitality management is a diverse and interdisciplinary field. It involves overseeing the general activities and day-to-day operations in areas such as catering, entertainment and leisure, events planning, and hotel or guest house management.
Hospitality managers can work in restaurants, hotels, guest houses, holiday resorts, catering companies, events planning companies, and even in public sector organisations such as hospitals and universities. Depending on the precise roles in which they are employed, hospitality managers may be required to:
- Train and supervise staff.
- Manage budgets.
- Ensure that facilities and inventories are properly maintained.
- Answer customer queries and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the maintenance of financial and administrative records.
More About The Hospitality Industry
The hospitality industry is focused on delivering satisfying experiences to clients in a wide range of service sectors. The types of services that businesses in the hospitality industry provide are generally focused on leisure and luxury, rather than meeting basic needs.
It is for this reason that customer service and customer satisfaction are essential to success in the hospitality industry. Hotels, restaurants, airlines, events companies, tour operators, and other businesses within this industry therefore often employ their staff based on their interpersonal skills, friendly personalities, and service-driven approaches to their work.
Why Should I Study A Hospitality Management Course?
A hospitality management course will equip you with a broad range of knowledge and skills required to perform the role of hospitality manager effectively and efficiently. While formal training is often not a prerequisite for securing a job in the hospitality industry, management training is recommended if you plan to move into a supervisory role at some point in your career.
By studying a course in hospitality management, you will not only learn about topics that are specifically relevant to the hospitality industry, but you will also learn a variety of transferable skills in areas such as:
- Staff training
- Customer service
- Strategic planning
- Problem solving
- Time management
These skills will benefit you in any working environment, and it will definitely count in your favour if you can demonstrate these skills when applying for a job in hospitality management.
Hospitality Management Courses At Oxbridge Academy
At Oxbridge Academy, we give you the opportunity to study towards your hospitality management course on a full-time or part-time basis via distance learning. This gives you the opportunity to gain experience by working in the industry while you complete your studies.
As the hospitality industry presents many opportunities for working on a part-time basis, it is an ideal field in which to work and study at the same time.
READ MORE ABOUT:
The Courses You Can Choose From Include:
Short Learning Programmes
These non-accredited skills courses equip you with the basic skills you need to work in a specific area of tourism or hospitality management.
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Basic Principles of South African Wine
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Hotel Management
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Catering Management
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Tourism Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Catering Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Hotel Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Food & Beverage Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Restaurant Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Hotel and Catering Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Tourism Management
National Qualifications (N4 – N6)
These N4 – N6 courses lead to national qualifications that are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). This means that the course content is aligned with industry and employer needs. When you study one of these courses, therefore, you will gain the knowledge and skills you need to start your career in the tourism industry.
- National Certificate: N4 Tourism (SAQA ID 66910)
- National Certificate: N5 Tourism (SAQA ID 66978)
- National Certificate: N6 Tourism (SAQA ID 67013)
- National Certificate N4 Hospitality and Catering Services (SAQA ID 66891)
- National Certificate N5 Hospitality and Catering Services (SAQA ID 66973)
- National Certificate N6 Hospitality and Catering Services (SAQA ID 67008)