Studying Without Matric
Did you know that it’s possible to study further, to get a recognised qualification, and to pursue a successful career, even if you don’t have Matric?
Here are a few of your options:
1. You can study a Skills Development Course/Short Learning Programme
A skills development course, or short learning programme, will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to work in a particular field. While this type of course will usually be non-credit-bearing, it will still indicate to employers that you have completed a relevant training course in your chosen field.
Studying a skills development course may be a good option if:
- You want to work in a field where skills and experience are more important than qualifications.
- You need certain knowledge and skills to be able to apply for a job, to be considered for a promotion, or to change your career.
2. You can study a Bridging Course
A bridging course will give you access to the nationally accredited N1 – N4-level courses at Oxbridge Academy. Completing a bridging course is therefore a good option if:
- You have not yet completed Matric, and
- You want to further your studies at N1 – N6 level at Oxbridge Academy
Did you know?
If you complete one of the National Introductory N4 – N6 level certificate programmes, and complete the requirements for your National Diploma, you may be able to apply to study towards a BTech degree at a university of technology.