Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Shipping and Logistics Environment
This course will provide you with an overview of routine and non-routine functions regarding shipping, along with an overview of an integrated supply chain approach based on stakeholder advantage.
When you study this course, you will learn about various elements of shipping practices and insurance, principles of international logistics, imports and exports, and the handling of dangerous goods.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You are working in the transport and logistics industry, and you would like to expand your knowledge and skills.
- You have just completed Matric, and you would like to start your career in the transport and logistics industry.
8 -12 months
- The principles of mercantile practice
- The procedures of importing and exporting
- The finance of international trade
- The roles and responsibilities of the role-players in mercantile practice
- The management strategies in the shipping sector
- The fundamentals of international logistics
- The international supply chain
- The elements of international logistics
- Multi-modalism and Incoterms 2010
- The purposes of warehousing and inventory
- The fundamental elements of the business of shipping
- The role of shipping agents
- The operations within the liner trades
- The principles of dry and liquid bulk shipping and of vessel chartering
- The function of marine insurance
- The importance of salvage in the process of vessel management and operations
- The fundamentals of moving dangerous and hazardous goods
- Dangerous goods operations
- Port facilities and procedures concerning the movement of dangerous goods
- Shipping precautions and procedures concerning the movement of dangerous goods
- Functions of dangerous goods documentation and labelling
- The legal terminology of overseas trade
- The basic contract structure
- The Sale of Goods Act in English law
- The principle of agency
- FOB & CIF contracts
- Laws of carriage of goods by sea
- The principles of European law in relation to international trade
- Students are required to complete 2 assignments.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Shipping and Logistics Environment from Oxbridge Academy.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 400.00 X 15.9 months
Please note that the registration fee shown applies to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.
Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
I would like to thank each and every one at Oxbridge Academy for the gift you had given me and I would like to congratulate you for becoming my only choice for enrolling in distance learning. The support I have received from my first course with you is the reason why I keep enrolling for new courses with Oxbridge Academy.Ntladi Abe Mantsho