Supply Chain and Logistics Courses
Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Shipping and Logistics Environment
This course will provide you with an overview of routine and non-routine functions regarding shipping, along with an overview of an integrated supply chain approach based on stakeholder advantage.
When you study this course, you will learn about various elements of shipping practices and insurance, principles of international logistics, imports and exports, and the handling of dangerous goods.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You are working in the transport and logistics industry, and you would like to expand your knowledge and skills.
- You have just completed Matric, and you would like to start your career in the transport and logistics industry.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme endorsed by The Independent Institute of Education (IIE).
8 -12 months
- The principles of mercantile practice
- The procedures of importing and exporting
- The finance of international trade
- The roles and responsibilities of the role-players in mercantile practice
- The management strategies in the shipping sector
- The fundamentals of international logistics
- The international supply chain
- The elements of international logistics
- Multi-modalism and Incoterms 2010
- The purposes of warehousing and inventory
- The fundamental elements of the business of shipping
- The role of shipping agents
- The operations within the liner trades
- The principles of dry and liquid bulk shipping and of vessel chartering
- The function of marine insurance
- The importance of salvage in the process of vessel management and operations
- The fundamentals of moving dangerous and hazardous goods
- Dangerous goods operations
- Port facilities and procedures concerning the movement of dangerous goods
- Shipping precautions and procedures concerning the movement of dangerous goods
- Functions of dangerous goods documentation and labelling
- The legal terminology of overseas trade
- The basic contract structure
- The Sale of Goods Act in English law
- The principle of agency
- FOB & CIF contracts
- Laws of carriage of goods by sea
- The principles of European law in relation to international trade
- Students are required to complete 2 assignments.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Shipping and Logistics Environment from Oxbridge Academy.