National Certificate: N5 Medical Secretary
Enhance your career prospects as a medical secretary or medical office receptionist with the National Certificate: N5 Medical Secretary course. This program builds upon previous knowledge and equips you with the necessary skills to excel in a medical office setting. Consider studying this course if you have completed the N4-level course and desire to:
- Further develop your administrative skills, specifically in a medical office environment.
- Meet the entry requirements for the N6-level course.
- Prepare for future university-level education. Unlock new opportunities and pave the way for a successful career in medical administration with this comprehensive course.
- N5 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 66957
- 60 credits
- Office Practice N5
- Communication N5
- Information Processing N5
- Medical Practice N5
Students are required to complete the following:
- 3 assignments per subject
- 1 exam per subject
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement: N5 Medical Secretary from the DHET.
N courses are offered and assessed by Oxbridge Academy. After gaining a qualifying year mark, students will be admitted to write the national examination at an approved venue. Read our N4-N6 Exam letter for information on writing the exams.
Need assistance with gaining practical work experience?
While you are busy with your course, or after you have completed your studies, you can sign up for the DHET’s free placement service – iWIL – so that your profile can be matched with a suitable employer offering opportunities for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) or Workplace Based Learning (WBL) in your field of study.