Public Relations Courses
National Certificate: N6 Public Relations
This course builds on the knowledge and skills gained in the previous levels, and can lead to a National Diploma once the relevant practical experience has been earned.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You have completed the N5 public relations course.
- You want to improve your PR skills further.
- You want to work towards a national diploma in public relations.
- You plan on furthering your education at university-level in future.
- N6 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 67003
- 60 Credits
- Office Practice N6
- Public Relations N6
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N5
- Information Processing N6
Students are required to complete the following:
- 3 assignments per subject
- 1 exam per subject
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement: N6 Public Relations from the DHET. After students have completed this course, and submitted proof that they have gained 18 months of relevant practical experience, they will be awarded a National N6 Diploma (360 credits) from the DHET.
Please note: In order to qualify for a National Diploma, students must pass Information Processing N6.
N courses are offered and assessed by Oxbridge Academy. After gaining a qualifying year mark, students will be admitted to write the national examination at an approved venue. Read our N4-N6 Exam letter for information on writing the exams.
Need assistance with gaining practical work experience?
While you are busy with your course, or after you have completed your studies, you can sign up for the DHET’s free placement service – iWIL – so that your profile can be matched with a suitable employer offering opportunities for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) or Workplace Based Learning (WBL) in your field of study.