Project Management Courses
Occupational Certificate: Project Manager
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Project Manager. A Project Manager applies knowledge of project management to achieve project objectives in a specific field of application.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Initiate a project to address specific project objectives.
- Plan and prepare the delivery of a project.
- Execute and control the delivery of a project management plan.
- Manage the project close out process.
- NQF Level 5 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 101869
- 240 Credits
NSC or NCV level 4 or NQF Level 4 with Communication and Mathematical Literacy
Knowledge Modules (80 credits)
- KM-01 Introductory studies for Project Managers
- KM-02 Project Integration Management
- KM-03 Project scope management
- KM-04 Project time management
- KM-05 Project Cost Management
- KM-06 Project Quality Management
- KM-07 Human Resource Management
- KM-08 Project Communications Management
- KM-09 Project Risk Management
- KM-10 Project Procurement Management
- KM-11 Project Stakeholder Management
Practical Skill Modules (100 credits)
- PM-01 Initiate a project
- PM-02 Plan and develop a project management approach and scope statement
- PM-03 Plan and develop a project time line and schedule
- PM-04 Plan for and project the cost of a project
- PM-05 Plan project management systems
- PM-06 Monitor and control the scope of a project
- PM-07 Control the project delivery schedules and costs
- PM-08 Control the project quality
- PM-09 Manage and control the human resources of a project
- PM-10 Conduct and control project communication and stakeholder interaction
- PM-11 Manage and control project risks
- PM-12 Manage and control
project procurement activities
- PM-13 Manage and control project close-out activities
Work Experience Modules (60 credits)
- Attend to project initiation management processes
- Attend to project planning processes
- Attend to project execution and control processes
- Attend to project close out processes
- 11 Knowledge assignments
- 13 Practical assignments
- 6 Workplace assignments
Eligibility requirements for the external summative assessment:
In order to qualify for the external summative assessment, learners must have
- Completed and passed all assignments for the knowledge, practical and workplace assignments.
- Have completed the required number of notional hours per component of the course (knowledge, practical and workplace assignments)
- Submitted all documentary evidence for practical and workplace modules (logbooks)
- A signed statement of work experience for the workplace component
- Passed the internal and external verification from Oxbridge Academy, the SETA and the QCTO.
- Statement of results from Oxbridge Academy
- Account must be up to date.
Upon completion of all the requirements of this course, students will be awarded an Occupational Certificate: Project Manager from the QCTO.
- National Certificate: Generic Management, Level 5, SAQA Qual ID: 59201.
- Higher Certificate: Operations Management, Level 5, SAQA Qual ID: 88916.
- Advanced Certificate in Project Management, Level 6, SAQA Qual ID: 83546.
- Advanced Certificate: Management, Level 6 SAQA Qual ID: 90665.
- Diploma in Operations Management, Level 6, SAQA Qual ID: 59509.