Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
This online course provides you with an overview of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act and explains how it should be implemented in the workplace.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to learn about the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers in the workplace.
- You want to learn about safety management plans, safety inspections, and safety audits.
- You want to learn about the consequences of non-compliance with the OHS Act.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act: the basics
- The OHS Act and the employer
- The Safety Management Plan: the first step to compliance
- Controlling risk through information and protection
- Controlling risk by improving performance and monitoring
- The Department of Labour: reporting, inspections and audits
- The OHS Act and the employee
Students will be required to complete an online exam. Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Short Course Certificate: Introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act from Oxbridge Academy.
This is an online (e-learning) course. To complete this course, students require access to the internet.
Are you an employer?
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for corporate enrolments of groups of 10 or more students.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 500.00 X 3 months
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Communication and Collaboration
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Financial Literacy
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Flexibility and Adaptability
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Hired! The Ultimate Job Search Course
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Initiative and Self-Direction
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Leadership and Responsibility
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Productivity and Accountability
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Social and Cross-Cultural Skills
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Understanding the South African Consumer Protection Act (CPA)
Basic internet and computing skills are required to complete an online course. These include the following:
- Using a browser
- Downloading a free browser from the internet
- Downloading a browser plug-in, such as a video player
- Posting to a discussion forum/board
- Downloading and saving a file to your computer
- Uploading a file by browsing your computer to locate a file
- Entering your responses in a web form, such as in the case of an online quiz
- Sending emails to your tutor/instructor or peers
- Additional skills may be required for certain courses.
“I am extremely impressed with the way Oxbridge Academy presented this course. The ease that I was able to complete this online course in my own time and at my own pace was brilliant. The amount of information put into this short online course was excellent. I do not have sufficient time to attend courses etc. but I do like to do online courses to keep myself up to date and to remind myself of things to help me improve as a person and as a manager.
I did achieve this with this course and I will be registering for additional courses in the future with Oxbridge.”