MTA 98-388: Introduction to Programming using Java
This course is ideal for entry-level software developers or those wanting to progress to mobile app development in future, as it provides a good introduction to Java code. Java is a programming language that allows application developers to produce software for multiple platforms. By studying this course, students will gain specialised coding skills.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You are familiar with C# and want to upgrade your skills
- You are interested in learning a new programming language
- You want to prepare for the MTA 98-388 exam
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
From date of activation, students will have access to the GMetrix platform for one year. NO software is required to complete this course.
Students must have access to a computer with a good internet connection. The course is offered online, and students will be required to watch video tutorials.
- Section A: Introduction
- Section B: The Use of Main
- Section C: Basic Input and Output
- Section D: Variable Scopes
- Section A: Primitive type Variables
- Section B: String Manipulation
- Section C: Arrays and Arrays List
- Section D: Parsing, Casting and Conversation
- Section E: Arithmetic and Assignment Operators
- Section A: Branching Statements
- Section B: Loops
- Section A: Classes
- Section B: Class Data Members
- Section C: Methods
- Section D: Instantiate and Use a Class Object
- Section A: Syntax, Logic, and Runtime Errors
- Section B: Exception Handling
- You will be required to complete a practice exam and achieve a minimum pass mark of 70%.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: MTA 98-388 – Introduction to Programming using Java from Oxbridge Academy.
Please note: If students want to obtain the Microsoft International (MTA) Certification, they will be required to register for the external exams themselves. These exams are conducted at authorised testing centres across the country. To locate a venue, please follow this link: www.certiport.com/locator.
This is an online (e-learning) course. To complete this course, students require access to the internet.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 800.00 X 3.1 months
Self-study implies that there is little to no contact with a tutor, allowing students the freedom to study when and where it suits them best. Each module of this online course starts with a pre-assessment to test the student’s knowledge and understanding of the specific topic. Based on the results of the pre-assessment, a student’s study path is then personalised to cover those parts of the curriculum he or she needs more practise in.
Each lesson includes a video tutorial, exercise lab and a student workbook which is designed for students to practice the lesson topic, thus ensuring that they thoroughly understand the topic before progressing. Upon completion of all the lessons, students will find a post-assessment to test their knowledge. If they feel confident in their understanding of the topic, they can then take the practice exam which concludes the self-study element of this course.
Thank you Oxbridge Academy for giving me this opportunity to learn more about administration. I improved my specialities and gained more skills, now I can express myself to other posts. Thanks for your support.Millicent Maqanda