MTA 98-364: Database Administrator Fundamentals
MTA Database Administrator Fundamentals is the first step towards becoming a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or Database Developer. This course teaches students about databases, running queries, and ensuring security protocols are in place when it comes to storing data.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to pursue a career as a database administrator
- You already work in the IT department of a company and want to upgrade your skills
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
From date of activation, students will have access to the GMetrix platform for one year. NO software is required to complete this course.
Students must have access to a computer with a good internet connection. The course is offered online and students will be required to watch video tutorials.
- Section A: Database Tables
- Section B: Database Relationships
- Section C: Understanding DML
- Section D: Database Data Types
- Section E: Creating and Manipulating Tables
- Section F: Selecting Data
- Section G: Filtering Data using Comparisons
- Section A: Filtering Data using Lists and Ranges
- Section B: Filtering Data using Pattern Matching
- Section C: Filtering Data with NULLs
- Section D: Selecting Data using Functions
- Section E: Sorting Data
- Section F: Working with Duplicates
- Section G: Joining Data
- Section H: OUTER and CROSS JOINs
- Section I: Combining and Limiting Result Sets
- Section A: Adding Data
- Section B: Updating and Deleting Data
- Section C: Working with Views
- Section D: Stored Procedures and Functions
- Section E: Data Normalization
- Section F: First Normal Form
- Section G: Second and Third Normal Forms
- Section H: Fourth and Fifth Normal Forms
- Section A: Primary, Foreign, and Composite Keys
- Section B: Clustered Indexes
- Section C: Non-Clustered Indexes
- Section D: Database Security Concepts
- Section E: Database Backup and Restore
- Section F: Incremental Backups
You will be required to complete a practice exam and achieve a minimum pass mark of 70%.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: MTA 98-364 – Database Administrator Fundamentals from Oxbridge Academy.
Please note: If students want to obtain the Microsoft International (MTA) Certification, they will be required to register for the external exams themselves. These exams are conducted at authorised testing centres across the country. To locate a venue, please follow this link: www.certiport.com/locator.
This is an online (e-learning) course. To complete this course, students require access to the internet.
SAVE R 500
This includes the Practice Exam Costs
* Cash only
Self-study implies that there is little to no contact with a tutor, allowing students the freedom to study when and where it suits them best. Each module of this online course starts with a pre-assessment to test the student’s knowledge and understanding of the specific topic. Based on the results of the pre-assessment, a student’s study path is then personalised to cover those parts of the curriculum he or she needs more practise in.
Each lesson includes a video tutorial, exercise lab and a student workbook which is designed for students to practice the lesson topic, thus ensuring that they thoroughly understand the topic before progressing. Upon completion of all the lessons, students will find a post-assessment to test their knowledge. If they feel confident in their understanding of the topic, they can then take the practice exam which concludes the self-study element of this course.
The service is very good, from inquiries about the school, the books, the courses available, to registration. I also really enjoy the fact that I am always updated about everything… I am very pleased with everything. Thank you and keep it up.Tsepo Tsomo