MTA 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
This course introduces you to all the features of Windows 10. You will learn how to install the software and perform updates and back-ups. In addition, this course will teach you how to use basic system tools, manage files, and change settings. It is ideal for anyone interested in Microsoft Operating Systems.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to gain a better understanding of how Windows 10 works
- You want to pursue a career in IT support
- You already work in the IT department of a company and want to upgrade your skills
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
From date of activation, students will have access to the GMetrix platform for one year. NO software is required to complete this course.
Students must have access to a computer with a good internet connection. The course is offered online, and students will be required to watch video tutorials.
- Section A: Introduction
- Section B: Control Panel
- Section C: Desktop Settings
- Section D: Native Applications and Tools
- Section E: Mobility Settings
- Section F: Management Tools
- Section A: Operating System Editions
- Section B: Upgrade Paths
- Section C: Installation Types
- Section D: Operating System Architecture
- Section A: Application Configuration
- Section B: User Account Control
- Section C: Antivirus Settings
- Section D: Services
- Section E: Files, Folders, and Sharing
- Section F: Encryption
- Section G: Libraries
- Section A: Connect Devices
- Section B: Storage
- Section C: Printing Devices
- Section D: System Devices
- Section A: Backup and Recovery Methods
- Section B: Maintenance Tools
- Section C: Updates
- You will be required to complete a practice exam and achieve a minimum pass mark of 70%.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: MTA 98-349 – Windows Operating System Fundamentals from Oxbridge Academy.
Please note: If students want to obtain the Microsoft International (MTA) Certification, they will be required to register for the external exams themselves. These exams are conducted at authorised testing centres across the country. To locate a venue, please follow this link: www.certiport.com/locator.
This is an online (e-learning) course. To complete this course, students require access to the internet.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 800.00 X 3.1 months
Self-study implies that there is little to no contact with a tutor, allowing students the freedom to study when and where it suits them best. Each module of this online course starts with a pre-assessment to test the student’s knowledge and understanding of the specific topic. Based on the results of the pre-assessment, a student’s study path is then personalised to cover those parts of the curriculum he or she needs more practise in.
Each lesson includes a video tutorial, exercise lab and a student workbook which is designed for students to practice the lesson topic, thus ensuring that they thoroughly understand the topic before progressing. Upon completion of all the lessons, students will find a post-assessment to test their knowledge. If they feel confident in their understanding of the topic, they can then take the practice exam which concludes the self-study element of this course.
Thank you Oxbridge Academy for giving me this opportunity to learn more about administration. I improved my specialities and gained more skills, now I can express myself to other posts. Thanks for your support.Millicent Maqanda