Studying an online course is a great option if you want to market yourself as a multi-skilled professional.
With Oxbridge Academy, you can study a range of online courses in various fields. These courses are workplace skills courses, meaning that they enable you to become a more efficient and effective employee, and they help you to make a more valuable contribution in the workplace.
Have a look at the list below to see our full range of online courses:
Business Management Courses
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems (QMS): Awareness and Facilitation Certificate
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems (EMS): Awareness and Facilitation Certificate
- ISO 50001:2018 Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Requirements with Guidance Certificate
- ISO 9001:2015 Executive Overview (Leadership Extract) Certificate
- ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management Systems Requirements with Guidance Certificate
- ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management Principles and Guidelines Certificate
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Requirements with Guidance Certificate
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Adobe Flash CC
- Adobe Indesign CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- IC3 Digital Literacy GS5
- MTA 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- MTA 98-361: Software Development Fundamentals
- MTA 98-364: Database Administrator Fundamentals
- MTA 98-366: Networking Fundamentals
- MTA 98-367: Security Fundamentals
- MTA 98-368: Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- MTA 98-375: HTML Application Development Fundamentals
- MTA 98-381: Introduction to programming using Python
- MTA 98-383: Introduction to programming using HTML and CSS
- MTA 98-388: Introduction to Programming using Java
Occupational Health and Safety Courses
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course SHE Awareness
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: SHE Representative
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: SHE Investigation
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: Safety Audit Inspection
- Oxbridge Academy Online Short Course: HIRA (Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment)
- IOSH Managing Safely Award
- IOSH Working Safely Award
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management
- NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (OHSMS): Awareness and Facilitation Certificate
Want to speak to a Student Advisor about studying an online course? Fill in the form on this page, and we’ll be in touch with you as soon as possible.
“I am extremely impressed with the way Oxbridge Academy presented this course. The ease that I was able to complete this online course in my own time and at my own pace was brilliant. The amount of information put into this short online course was excellent. I do not have sufficient time to attend courses etc. but I do like to do online courses to keep myself up to date and to remind myself of things to help me improve as a person and as a manager.
I did achieve this with this course and I will be registering for additional courses in the future with Oxbridge.”
– Graeme Gallichan (FCIS) (FCIBM)
What is an online course?
An online – or e-learning – course is a course that you can complete online, using either a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet. When you study an online course with Oxbridge Academy, you do not need to attend any classes – real or virtual! You simply work through the course material in your own time from home (or from any other location where you have access to the internet).
This means that you have the following advantages:
- You don’t have to spend money on travelling to classes.
- You don’t have to stick to a fixed schedule that doesn’t suit your lifestyle.
- You can study while working in a full-time job.
- You can study when it suits you.
How does it work?
When you register for an online course, you will gain access to an online learning portal, where you will be able to access your study material, complete your assignments, and write your final exams. Your study material may be presented in various formats, including:
If you have any problems with your coursework, you will be able to contact a tutor for support.
What are the entry requirements?
The entry requirements may vary from course to course. In general, however, the requirements to study an online course at Oxbridge Academy are as follows:
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must be able to read and complete assignments in English.
- You must have access to the internet.
- You must meet the technical requirements listed below:
Technical requirements – skills
Basic internet and computing skills are required to complete an online course. These include the following:
- Using a browser
- Downloading a free browser from the internet
- Downloading a browser plug-in, such as a video player
- Posting to a discussion forum/board
- Downloading and saving a file to your computer
- Uploading a file by browsing your computer to locate a file
- Entering your responses in a web form, such as in the case of an online quiz
- Sending emails to your tutor/instructor or peers
Additional skills may be required for certain courses.
Technical requirements – system requirements
The following operating systems and browsers can be used to access the online learning portal:
- E-book: An electronic book that you can read on a computer or other electronic device (such as a smartphone, tablet, or e-book reader).
- E-learning: A method of study that involves completing a course online using a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- PDF: Portable Document Format. An electronic file format that is compatible with different operating systems and that retains its original formatting when transferred from one device to another. It is therefore suitable for exchanging electronic documents/information in a formal context.
- Workplace skills: The skills that you need to succeed in the workplace. Workplace skills are often not related to a specific type of job, and include interpersonal skills such as effective communication skills, leadership skills, and motivational skills; as well as time management skills, decision making skills, critical thinking skills, negotiation skills, and public speaking skills.