Security Management Courses
What is security management?
Security management is aimed at creating a stable working environment in which people and organisations can pursue their goals and objectives “without disruption or harm and without fear of such disturbance or injury.” Security management is focused on loss-prevention, and can include:
- The identification of, and protection against, hazards.
- The provision of armed response, bodyguard, and armoured delivery services.
- The implementation of IT security.
- The conduction of polygraph tests, drug tests, and psychological stress evaluations.
Where can I study a security management course?
You can study a security management course at Oxbridge Academy. We offer the following courses on a distance learning basis:
Short Learning Programmes
What will I learn when I study a security management course?
When you study a security management course at Oxbridge Academy, you will:
- Learn about the importance of safety and security management in an organisation.
- Learn about the different types of security management.
- Learn about the pros and cons of hiring in-house security management personnel (as opposed to outsourcing this function to an external security company).
- Learn about the security manager’s role and responsibilities.
- Learn about the skills and characteristics that employers look for when hiring security personnel.
- Learn about relevant legislation, such as the:
- Labour Relations Act
- Employment Equity Act
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act
- Criminal Procedure Act
- Skills Development Act
- Learn how to do site evaluations.
- Learn how to write accident reports.
- Learn about other relevant skills, such as:
- Time management
- Report writing
- Client relations
What are the benefits of studying a security management course via distance learning?
There are many advantages to studying a security management or OHS course via distance learning. Not only will you be able to complete your course from home, but you will also be able to:
- Work and study at the same time.
- Study at your own pace.
- Study according to your own schedule.
With distance learning, you have the opportunity to improve your knowledge and skills in security management, without having to take time off from your job, and without neglecting your family and social responsibilities.
If you want to find out more about studying security management via distance learning, simply fill in the form above to contact a student advisor.