Safety Management Courses
Studying a safety management course will equip you with the skills you need to help ensure the health and safety of everyone present in the workplace.
What is safety management?
Safety management is aimed at creating and maintaining a work environment that is safe for employees. Safety management therefore includes aspects such as:
- Developing safe work procedures.
- Making sure that the right safety equipment is available.
- Implementing any protective measures that may be necessary to reduce the risk of harm in the workplace.
An important part of safety management is making sure that there is a comprehensive safety management system in place. A good safety management system consists of 5 main areas, which you will learn about when you study a safety management course. In addition to covering these 5 main areas, a safety management system should also be designed to integrate aspects of environment and health.
Where can I study a course in safety management?
You can study a course in safety management at Oxbridge Academy. We offer the following courses on a distance learning basis:
Short Learning Programmes
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Safety Management Skills
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Security Management Skills
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Safety Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Security Management
Short learning programmes accredited by Saiosh:
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Health & Safety
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Health and Safety for Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Health and Safety for Management – Intermediate
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Health & Safety for Management – Advanced
Why should I study a course in safety management at Oxbridge Academy?
- You will be able to complete your safety management or OHS course from home.
- You will be able to study either full-time or part-time, depending on how much time you have available to study.
- You will be able to contact a qualified, industry-expert tutor via telephone or email whenever you need help with your studies.
- You will be able to pay for your course in affordable monthly instalments.
- You will receive all your study material as part of your course fee. You won’t have to buy any additional textbooks.
When you study safety management at Oxbridge Academy, you will learn about:
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act, focusing on the rights and responsibilities of workers and employers.
- The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, which provides for “no fault” compensation for workers who sustain injuries or contract diseases in the course of their work.
- The role of the safety manager.
- The use and availability of protective equipment and clothing in the workplace.
- Best practices in relation to health and safety at work.
- Fire safety in the workplace.
- HIV/AIDS in the workplace.
- How to develop and implement a safety management system in the workplace.
- How to develop and implement safety training programmes in the workplace.
- How to go about monitoring and investigation in the context of safety management in the workplace.
By studying a course in safety management, you will be able to acquire the basic knowledge and skills required to work as a safety representative in your current organisation, or to work towards a career in occupational health and safety management.
Depending on the career path that you want to follow, you may need to study additional courses before you will be able to secure your ideal OHS job.
Speak to a Student Advisor about studying safety management at Oxbridge Academy:
Fill in the form on this page, and a Student Advisor will be in touch with you as soon as possible.