Occupational Health and Safety Courses
Occupational Certificate: Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner
Secure your place in the Occupational Certificate: Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner course. If you are passionate about ensuring the safety and well-being of individuals in the workplace, this is the course for you.
Gain comprehensive knowledge and essential skills to identify and effectively mitigate hazards, minimising risks within designated work areas. As an integral part of the planning and implementation of operational occupational health and safety management systems, you will play a vital role in safeguarding the welfare of all individuals.
Join us in creating a healthier and safer tomorrow. Don’t wait any longer – enrol now and become a valued asset in promoting workplace safety. Your journey towards making a positive impact starts here.
- NQF Level 5 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 99714
- 256 Credits
- Relevant NQF Level 4 qualification
Knowledge Modules (76 credits)
- KM-01: Fundamentals of occupational health and safety
- KM-02: Fundamentals of communication
- KM-03: Occupational health and safety applications
- KM-04: Occupational health and safety management
- KM-05: Operations management and supervision
Practical Skill Modules (62 credits)
- PM-01: Represent the needs of employees with regard to occupational health and safety matters
- PM-02: Inspect work places, identify hazards and risks and take immediate action to ensure health and safety in the workplace
- PM-03: Consult with employees and raise their needs and issues
- PM-04: Inspect work places and environments to identify the occupational health and safety hazards and determine the risks associated with the work
- PM-05: Coordinate the work activities of occupational health and safety representatives
- PM-06: Develop a risk profile and legal register for a designated work area
- PM-07: Establish, maintain and improve the health and safety documentation and reporting systems, controls and processes
- PM-08: Advise on the establishment maintenance and improvement of emergency response and preparedness
- PM-09: Manage the effectiveness of operational occupational health and safety systems
Work Experience Modules (118 credits)
- WM-01: Exposure to the workplace examination processes
- WM-02: Exposure to the processes of representing the occupational health and safety needs of employees
- WM-03: Exposure to occupational risk management processes
- WM-04: Exposure to the processes of selecting, appointing and managing occupational health and safety representatives
- WM-05: Exposure to the processes of developing and implementing occupational health and safety systems
- WM-06: Exposure to the processes of monitoring and improving occupational health and safety systems
Students are required to complete the following:
- 5 theoretical assignments
- 9 practical assignments
- 6 workplace assignments
Eligibility requirements for the external summative assessment:
In order to qualify for the external summative assessment, learners must have a copy of a completed and signed Statement of Work Experience as well as proof of successful completion of the Knowledge Modules and Practical Skills Modules.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Occupational Certificate: Occupational Health and Safety Practitioner from the QCTO.
- National Diploma: Occupational Safety, NQF Level 5 (ID 79808)