Studying Without Matric
Did you know that it’s possible to study further, to get a recognised qualification, and to pursue a successful career, even if you don’t have Matric?
Here are a few of your options:
1. You can study a Skills Development Course (Short Learning Programme)
A skills development course, or short learning programme, will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to work in a particular field. While this type of course will usually be non-credit-bearing, it will still indicate to employers that you have completed a relevant training course in your chosen field.
Studying a skills development course may be a good option if:
- You want to work in a field where skills and experience are more important than qualifications.
- You need certain knowledge and skills to be able to apply for a job, to be considered for a promotion, or to change your career.
2. You can study a Bridging Course
A bridging course will give you access to the nationally accredited N1 or N4-level courses at Oxbridge Academy. Completing a bridging course is therefore a good option if:
- You have not yet completed Matric, and
- You want to further your studies at N1 – N6 level at Oxbridge Academy
Did you know?
If you complete one of the National N4 – N6 level certificate programmes, and you complete the requirements for your National Diploma, you may be able to apply to study towards a BTech degree at a university of technology.
3. You can study towards a Professional Qualification
A professional qualification will prepare you for a particular career. Professional qualifications are usually accredited by the relevant professional bodies, and are recognised by employers in the relevant industries.
Studying towards a professional qualification may be a good option if:
- You want to earn a qualification that is recognised nationally and/or internationally.
- You want to work as a qualified professional in a field where alternative study routes are available. Examples of such fields include accounting and HR.
So where can I study these types of courses?
You can study most of these types of courses at Oxbridge Academy. We are committed to giving you the opportunity to empower yourself through education, regardless of whether you have Matric, as we believe that education enriches you both socially and economically. For this reason, we offer a wide range of skills development courses and bridging courses that you can study even if you don’t have Matric.
To see exactly which courses you can study, simply go to the Courses page, click through to your chosen course, and check the Requirements section – if it states “No Matric” for a specific course, you will be able to register for that course without having completed Matric.
If you’d like to speak to a Student Advisor:
Fill in the form on this page, and we’ll call you back!