Best Chance of Matric Success
The Best Chance of Matric Success programme is a top-up (additional) study help and resource programme for students wanting to write Matric (Senior Certificate, Senior Certificate Amended, Rewrites, Supplementary) exams in 2020-2025 for the subjects of Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy; Life Sciences, and Physical Science.
- Are you struggling to understand concepts and calculations?
- Have you been told by a teacher that you need to get extra help / lessons in the subject?
- Have you attempted to write an exam for the subject, but did not pass?
- Do you find the subject very challenging?
- Would you like extra study help?
- Would you like additional opportunities to work on exam practice questions and activities and have them marked by Matric teachers / tutors?
To qualify to register for any of the available subjects, candidates need to be:
- At least 16 years of age
- Able to comfortably read, write and communicate in English
In order to activate the Zoom USB device, students need:
- A laptop or PC with a USB drive
- Access to the internet for the initial activation (thereafter the content can be viewed offline)
- Mathematical Literacy
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
Subject rules: If choosing to register for a Mathematics-related subject, a student should choose either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy as he/she will only be able to write one of those subjects. Students cannot do both at the same time.
The Best Chance of Matric Success programme entitles you to receive amazing and highly recommended Matric study resources:
- A comprehensive CAPS [national syllabus] approved and aligned textbook. This textbook provides:
- Detailed explanations of important concepts, calculations and theories
- Useful summaries
- Diagrams and illustrations
- Practice activity questions to help you prepare for the exams
- Helpful info based on common student questions
- A Matric Zoom pack consisting of a USB stick and an activity practice workbook. The Zoom USB stick provides fun and interesting digital resources such as:
- Teaching videos
- Interactive activities
- Practice questions
- The Zoom activity practice workbook provides:
- Exam preparation activities and questions
- Recommended / model answers for the exam preparation activities and questions
The Zoom resources are invaluable in assisting students because they focus on critical concepts that students grapple with and find challenging. These critical concepts have been identified by the national Department of Education.
Students will need to complete and submit two assignments for each Best Chance of Matric Success subject.
Please note: This programme is NOT a registration for any Matric examination.
TOTAL PRICE (1 SUBJECT):R 2 500.00
REGISTRATION FEE:R 750.00
COURSE PRICE (EXCL. REG FEE):R 1 750.00
MONTHLY INSTALMENTS:R 500.00 x 3.5
TOTAL PRICE (2 SUBJECTS):R 4 300.00
REGISTRATION FEE:R 1 000.00
COURSE PRICE (EXCL. REG FEE):R 3 300.00
MONTHLY INSTALMENTS:R 500.00 x 6.6
TOTAL PRICE (3 SUBJECTS):R 6 000.00
REGISTRATION FEE:R 1 500.00
COURSE PRICE (EXCL. REG FEE):R 4 500.00
MONTHLY INSTALMENTS:R 500.00 x 9
Please note: The registration fees shown apply to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
|"Everyone whom I spoke to was always willing to help and would go out of their way to make sure I was satisfied. They would always want to know if there is anything more they can help you with which means there was never any miscommunication and to me that is world class service." |
Katekani Happyson Rihlampfu