Study HR in South Africa
Human resources, or HR, is one of the most popular career paths in South Africa. HR is a crucial part of any business, and the majority of the professionals who enter this field do so with some type of formal education behind their name. Students who have completed their studies in HR generally have the ability to understand the financial aspects of human resources, are confident enough to communicate effectively, and have a proper understanding of how to use the relevant computer technology.
Study HR from Home
If you need to juggle work and personal responsibilities, studying human resources through a distance learning college is a good way for you to gain your HR qualification without allowing your studies to get in the way of your other responsibilities. Studying via distance learning means that you do not have to attend any physical classes and that you are able to complete your studies in your own time. As a result, you are able to tailor your studies according your personal needs.
Oxbridge Academy offers the following HR courses via correspondence:
Short Learning Programmes
These non-credit bearing skills courses are designed to introduce you to various aspects of HR, and to equip you with a range of the skills you need to work in an HR environment.
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Human Resources Management Basics
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Labour Relations Basics
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Introduction to Personnel Management
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Personnel Training
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Principles of Human Resource Management
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Principles of Labour Relations
National Qualifications (N4 – N6)
These N4 – N6 courses are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and are aligned with workplace needs. As such, they lead to formal qualifications, and are designed to prepare you for a successful career in HR administration or HR management.
- National Certificate: N4 Human Resource Management (SAQA ID 66873)
- National Certificate: N5 Human Resource Management (SAQA ID 66953)
- National Certificate: N6 Human Resource Management (SAQA ID 66997)
- National Certificate: N4 Human Resource Management (Legal) (SAQA ID 66873)
- National Certificate: N5 Human Resource Management (Legal) (SAQA ID 66953)
- National Certificate: N6 Human Resource Management (Legal) (SAQA ID 66997)
What will I gain from human resource management training?
When you decide to study an HR management course, you will be taught certain skills, such as:
- How to manage a group of people successfully so that a competitive advantage can be brought forward within the company.
- How to handle various aspects of industrial relations.
- How to train and motivate employees in the workplace.
HR management courses at Oxbridge Academy will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to explore a career in human resources as an HR manager, or as an employee with HR responsibilities. During your studies, you will be trained in management, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, and industrial relations.
As HR is such a popular career choice in South Africa, students are advised to obtain formal education if they want to enter this industry. Having an accredited HR qualification will often give you a competitive advantage in the market, and will potentially increase your chances of getting that management position you desire.