Study HR In South Africa
Can you imagine yourself working with many different personalities, maintaining record-keeping systems, managing internal communications, and resolving varying levels of conflicts on a daily basis? If your answer is yes, you might want to consider studying HR.
Human resources, or HR, is a popular career choice in South Africa. All organisations that hire employees need some form of HR support, which means that the demand for suitably qualified HR professionals is quite high. That being said, there are many students who choose HR as their study direction, which means that there is plenty of competition for the best positions.
What Are Your Options When It Comes To Studying HR In South Africa?
You have many options: you could study towards a degree at university, you could study towards a national qualification at a public or private college, or you could study a range of HR short courses online.
If you choose to study towards a national qualification at a private college, you have the option of studying from home with Oxbridge Academy.
Study HR From Home
If you need to juggle work and personal responsibilities with your studies, then choosing to study your HR course from home via distance learning with Oxbridge Academy may be a good option for you. This gives you the opportunity to earn your national qualification by studying in your own time – without having to attend any physical classes. With flexible distance learning, you can tailor your study schedule to your personal needs.
Choose From The Following Courses:
With Oxbridge Academy, you can study the following HR courses on a full-time or part-time basis from home:
SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMMES
These non-accredited skills courses introduce you to various aspects of HR, and equip you with a range of the skills you need to work in an HR environment.
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Recruitment and Selection
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Releasing People from an Organisation
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Principles of Labour Relations
SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME ENDORSED BY THE IIE
These courses are also non-accredited, but is endorsed by The Independent Institute of Education (IIE).
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Understanding the Principles of Human Resource Management
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Implementing a Human Resource Plan
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Performance and Reward Services
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Community Development
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Understanding HIV/AIDS
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Human Resource Management
NATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (N4 – N6)
These N4 – N6 courses are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and are aligned with workplace needs. As such, they lead to formal qualifications, and are designed to prepare you for a successful career in HR administration or HR management.
What Will You Gain From Human Resource Management Training?
When you decide to study an HR management course, you will be taught certain skills, such as:
- How to manage a group of people successfully so that organisational goals can be achieved.
- How to handle various aspects of labour relations.
- How to train and motivate employees in the workplace.
HR management courses at Oxbridge Academy will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to explore a career in human resources as an HR manager, or as an employee with HR responsibilities. During your studies, you will be trained in management, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, and labour relations.
As HR is such a popular career choice in South Africa, students are advised to obtain formal education if they want to enter this industry. Having an accredited HR qualification will often give you a competitive advantage in the market, and will potentially increase your chances of getting that management position you desire.