Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Understanding HIV/AIDS
This course will increase your understanding of HIV/AIDS and its effect on communities. When you study this course, you will learn about the nature of HIV/AIDS, how to support those who are HIV-positive, and how the effects of HIV/AIDS can be mitigated through community health education and other efforts.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to give support to HIV/AIDS patients.
- You want to gain an understanding of the issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
- You want to learn about aspects of counselling.
- You have just completed Matric, and you are trying to decide whether a career in HIV/AIDS management might be the right choice for you.
8 -12 months
- Define and explain the nature of HIV/AIDS.
- Evaluate the evolution and history of the virus.
- Explain the conceptual framework for HIV/AIDS management.
- Explain responses to HIV/AIDS.
- Describe the concept of the HIV epidemic and the scale of the spread.
- Describe means of transmission and spread.
- Describe and evaluate the nature of community.
- Identify key features of community development in relation to HIV/AIDS.
- Explain the nature of community health education with regards to maintaining public health and caring for people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Understand a variety of community responses (ranging from local community development projects to governmental poverty reduction schemes).
- Demonstrate an understanding of health education and its application in the community.
- Compare and contrast the issues surrounding nutrition and HIV/AIDS (including monitoring nutrition, mother-to-child transmission of the virus, and malnutrition).
- Identify the challenges to food security in communities and among individuals threatened by social or geographical risks.
- Explain the concept of health promotion and application and management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human geography, with particular reference to the features of population growth, measurement and population segmentation and variance among sub-groups.
- Analyse poverty and social development whilst reflecting upon the differences in rural-urban location, urban regeneration schemes and improving social cohesion in communities.
- Assess and evaluate the reasons for human migration and the differing patterns and movement of populations in relation to the spread of HIV/AIDS.
- Students are required to complete 2 assignments.
- There are no exams for this course.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Understanding HIV/AIDS from Oxbridge Academy.
R 500.00 (Discount R2200)
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 500.00 X 13 months
I would like to thank each and every one at Oxbridge Academy for the gift you had given me and I would like to congratulate you for becoming my only choice for enrolling in distance learning. The support I have received from my first course with you is the reason why I keep enrolling for new courses with Oxbridge Academy.Ntladi Abe Mantsho