Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Understanding the Principles of Human Resource Management
This course equips you with knowledge of the basic principles and practices of HR management. When you study this course, you will learn about the principles of leadership, management, and teambuilding, and you will explore theories of each. You will also explore the scope and implications of employment law, and consider the role of intermediaries in an HR context.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to learn the basics of HR management.
- You are employed in a different role, and you want to make a career transition to HR.
- You have just completed Matric, and you are considering a career in HR.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
- Explain the theories underpinning modern management and leadership.
- Assess the suitability of different management and leadership styles in different types of organisations.
- Characterise the skills and attributes of effective leaders.
- Evaluate the application of motivational theories in the context of human resource management.
- Analyse the connections between motivation and the psychological contract.
- Assess the features of effective teams.
- Examine the development of groups and group development models.
- Examine the concept of group dynamics and the factors that influence group cohesion.
- Analyse the scope of national and international employment law.
- Assess the implications (for an organisation) of equal opportunities and diversity legislation.
- Analyse the implications (for an organisation) of ethical management.
- Explain the role and evolution of trade unions and employee representatives.
- Assess the rights and obligations of employees and employers.
- Explain the role and process of employment tribunals.
- Students are required to complete 1 assignment
- No examinations
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Short Course Certificate: Understanding the Principles of Human Resource Management from Oxbridge Academy.
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 500.00 X 6 months
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Implementing a Human Resource Plan
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Recruitment and Selection
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Performance and Reward Services
- Oxbridge Academy Short Course: Releasing People from an Organisation
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Community Development
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Understanding HIV/AIDS
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Principles of Labour Relations
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.
Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
I would like to thank you for making it possible for me to write my exams, everything was ready and I did not have any hassles when I arrived at the venue where I was writing.Sthembile Mafutha