Human Resource Management Courses
Oxbridge Academy Short Course Certificate: Understanding the Principles of Human Resource Management
This course equips you with knowledge of the basic principles and practices of HR management. When you study this course, you will learn about the principles of leadership, management, and teambuilding, and you will explore theories of each. You will also explore the scope and implications of employment law, and consider the role of intermediaries in an HR context.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You want to learn the basics of HR management.
- You are employed in a different role, and you want to make a career transition to HR.
- You have just completed Matric, and you are considering a career in HR.
- Explain the theories underpinning modern management and leadership.
- Assess the suitability of different management and leadership styles in different types of organisations.
- Characterise the skills and attributes of effective leaders.
- Evaluate the application of motivational theories in the context of human resource management.
- Analyse the connections between motivation and the psychological contract.
- Assess the features of effective teams.
- Examine the development of groups and group development models.
- Examine the concept of group dynamics and the factors that influence group cohesion.
- Analyse the scope of national and international employment law.
- Assess the implications (for an organisation) of equal opportunities and diversity legislation.
- Analyse the implications (for an organisation) of ethical management.
- Explain the role and evolution of trade unions and employee representatives.
- Assess the rights and obligations of employees and employers.
- Explain the role and process of employment tribunals.
- Students are required to complete 1 assignment
- No examinations
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Short Course Certificate: Understanding the Principles of Human Resource Management from Oxbridge Academy.