Accredited HR Courses in South Africa
In an industry as competitive as HR, a recognised and accredited qualification is a key requirement for a successful career. Studying an accredited HR course will not only equip you with the skills that you need, but will also give you the academic credentials that employers are looking for in their HR personnel.
What is an accredited course?
Accreditation is there to ensure that the courses and qualifications you complete will be recognised by employers and other institutions. And since there is a lot of competition for positions in the HR environment, it is important that your HR studies are recognised in the corporate world. The accreditation process is carried out by various accrediting bodies, and involves reviewing the quality of courses, qualifications, and training providers to ensure that they measure up to the relevant standards set by the accrediting bodies.
Accreditation, therefore, is an indication that a course or qualification complies with certain industry standards.
Where to find accredited HR courses
There are many HR courses to choose from in South Africa, including courses from a variety of training providers. At Oxbridge Academy, for example, you can choose to study any of the following accredited HR courses via distance learning:
National Qualifications (N4 – N6)
- National Certificate: N4 Human Resource Management
- National Certificate: N5 Human Resource Management
- National Certificate: N6 Human Resource Management
- National Certificate: N4 Human Resource Management (Legal)
- National Certificate: N5 Human Resource Management (Legal)
- National Certificate: N6 Human Resource Management (Legal)
- National Certificate: N4 Business Management (Labour Relations)
- National Certificate: N5 Business Management (Labour Relations)
- National Certificate: N6 Business Management (Labour Relations)
Want to find out more about one of these courses?
Fill in the form on this page, and a Student Advisor will call you back.
How do I choose the right course?
Choosing the right HR course can be tricky, especially when you have many options to choose from. To help you with your decision, here are a few tips for choosing the right HR course:
- Think about your career goals and where you would like to be in the next 5 – 10 years.
Which courses or qualifications do you need to help you get there?
- When comparing different HR courses, make sure that you pay close attention to the course details and the subjects that will be covered.
For example: How many subjects do you need to pass? Will you need to write exams? Will you need to do practical assignments?
- Speak to HR professionals (such as HR managers, and recruitment officers) and course tutors and ask for career advice.
Also ask them which courses they recommend, or ask their opinions of the courses you want to study.
- Make sure that your course is recognised and/or accredited.
This is especially important if you don’t have an HR qualification yet. If you already have a recognised qualification in HR, and you want to improve, update, or refresh your skills, a non-accredited short course could also be an option.
Want to speak to a Student Advisor about studying HR at Oxbridge Academy?
Fill in the form on this page, and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.