Events Management Courses
Do You Want To:
Learn the fundamental principles of events management?
Learn how to plan events for a living?
Learn how to manage events planning teams?
With Oxbridge Academy, you can study your events management course in your own time from home, and gain the skills you need to manage an event successfully.
Why Choose Our Course?
You can complete your course from the comfort of your own home.
You can ask an industry-expert tutor for help if you get stuck with your coursework.
You will gain valuable skills in events management.
You will be able to choose whether you want to pay your course fees upfront or in monthly instalments.
Short Learning Programmes
These non-accredited skills courses equip you with fundamental skills in contact centre operations. These courses are a good choice if you want to learn more about call centres and client services.
Why Study An Events Management Course Via Correspondence At Oxbridge Academy?
YOU CAN STUDY OUR EVENTS MANAGEMENT COURSE VIA CORRESPONDENCE. THIS MEANS:
- You can study from home.
- You can study at your own pace and in your own time.
- You can work while you study.
- You can complete your course without attending any classes.
- You can submit your assignments online, via email, or via post.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE TO STUDY OUR EVENTS MANAGEMENT WITH US, YOU WILL ALSO:
- Receive all the study material you need to complete your course (this is included in your course fee, which means you don’t need to pay extra for textbooks).
- Receive study material that is specifically tailored to the needs of distance learning students.
- Have access to academic support from an industry-expert tutor via email.
- Be able to complete your course without having to write any exams.
Want To Know More About The Events Management Industry?
WHAT IS EVENTS MANAGEMENT?
Events management involves planning, executing and evaluating different types of events, including concerts, conferences, weddings, product launches, and sports tournaments. Events management is a fast-growing and fast-paced industry that involves activities such as:
- Identifying and securing venues for events.
- Planning event schedules.
- Managing event budgets.
- Arranging the catering, décor and entertainment for events.
- Marketing events (or sending out event invitations).
- Providing assistance on the day of an event.
- Evaluating the success of an event once it has taken place.
Events management is both exciting and stressful: it gives you the opportunity to work with different types of people, to express your creativity, and to plan different types of events, but it also requires you to work under pressure, to meet deadlines, and to meet (or exceed) client expectations.
What Skills And Characteristics Will I Need To Become A Successful Events Manager?
To become a successful events manager, you will need:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
What Will I Learn When I Study A Course In Events Management?
When you study a course in events management, you will gain the knowledge and skills you need to plan and manage an event successfully. Depending on which course you choose to study, you may also learn how to plan specific types of events, such as sports events or business events.
Some of the topics that you will cover in an events management course include:
- How to communicate effectively within an events management environment.
- How to draw up an event budget.
- How to negotiate with suppliers.
- How to manage risk in relation to an event.
- How to manage a project team in the context of planning an event.
By the time you complete an events management course, you should have a thorough understanding of the fundamental events management principles, and you should be adequately prepared to take on your first events management role – which will probably involve being either an assistant to an events manager, or a team member in an events management team.
What Career Opportunities Will I Be Able To Pursue?
Events managers are highly sought after by individuals and organisations across a variety of industries. Sports clubs require events managers to plan sports tournaments and kit launches; businesses require events managers to plan conferences, trade shows and product launches; and individuals require events managers to plan weddings, birthday parties and other social events. Events management companies also hire events managers and events administrators to plan events on behalf of their clients.
If you want to work in the events management industry, you will therefore be able to choose from a broad range of jobs and career opportunities. These include junior-level jobs, where you will plan small events or assist in planning larger events, as well as senior-level jobs, where you will be required to take overall responsibility for managing large and/or prestigious events. You will also have the option of working for yourself as a freelance events manager, or starting up your own events management company once you have the necessary skills, experience, and industry contacts.
Here are a few examples of the job titles that you may come across in the events management industry:
- Assistant Events Manager
- Conference Co-ordinator
- Corporate Events Manager
- Events Administrator
- Events Co-ordinator
- Events Manager
- Events Planner
- Wedding Planner