Complete Your Technical Matric Certificate
Is your lack of a Matric Certificate holding you back? Then studying a Technical Matric Certificate from home might be the right choice for you.
What is a Technical Matric Certificate?
A Technical Matric Certificate, which is an N3-level national qualification, is a more practical alternative to the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12). To earn a Technical Matric Certificate, you will be required to complete 6 subjects in total:
- Four technical subjects on N3-level
- Sake Afrikaans
- Business English
What are the benefits of completing your Technical Matric Certificate?
If you’ve left school without completing Grade 12, the Technical Matric Certificate course gives you an opportunity to complete your N3 Technical Matric on a part-time basis, without having to go back to school. While a Technical Matric might not grant you access to university, it does give you access to a range of opportunities: it grants you access to further studies at N4-level, and it gives you a qualification that you can rely on when applying for apprenticeships and entry-level technical jobs (for which a school-leaving certificate may be required).
Completing a Technical Matric Certificate may be a good option for you if:
- You haven’t completed your National Senior Certificate (Grade 12), and you are looking for an alternative way to complete your Matric.
- You have good numerical skills, and you also enjoy working with your hands.
- You have a passion for designing and conducting experiments, or doing other types of practical projects.
- You work in a technical field, and your employer has asked you to complete Matric.
- You work in a technical field, and you need Matric before you will be able to earn a promotion.
What can you do once you have completed your Technical Matric?
Once you have completed your Technical Matric, you will have various options. For example, you could:
- Choose to study towards your N4 – N6 qualifications in Engineering Studies.
- Enter an engineering apprenticeship programme.
- Look for an entry-level technical job in the engineering industry.
These are only a few of the possibilities that are available — you could also browse job listing websites, and speak to people in the industry, to find out about other options that might be available to you once you’ve completed your qualification.
Where can you study towards a Technical Matric Certificate?
You can obtain your Technical Matric Certificate by studying on a full-time or part-time basis from home with Oxbridge Academy. Click on the link below to view the details of the course that we offer:
What are the benefits of completing your Technical Matric via distance learning?
- You can complete your studies at your own pace from home.
- You can save money on transport costs, as you don’t have to attend any classes.
- You can work (and gain practical experience) while you study.
To find out more about studying your Technical Matric with Oxbridge Academy, fill in the form on this page, and a Student Advisor will be in touch to assist you as soon as possible.