National Certificate: N4 Civil Engineering (SAQA ID 66881)
The Nated N4-N6 Engineering qualification is designed to provide the theoretical component in order for you to obtain a National Diploma in Civil Engineering. The practical component is comprised of 24 months of work experience relevant to your specific trade.
- N4 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 66881
- 40 Credits – NQF level 5
- Option A: National Certificate N3: Engineering
- Option B: Matric with Maths | Science | Drawings
- Option C: Technical Matric
- Building and Structural Construction N4
- Building Administration N4
- Building and Structural Surveying N4
- Quantity Surveying N4
Students are required to complete the following:
- 3 assignments per subject (passmark 50%)
- 1 exam per subject
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement: N4 Civil Engineering from the DHET.
N courses are offered and assessed by Oxbridge Academy. After gaining a qualifying year mark, students will be admitted to write the national examination at an approved venue. Read our N4-N6 Exam letter for information on writing the exams.
Need assistance with gaining practical work experience?
While you are busy with your course, or after you have completed your studies, you can sign up for the DHET’s free placement service – iWIL – so that your profile can be matched with a suitable employer offering opportunities for Work Integrated Learning (WIL) or Workplace Based Learning (WBL) in your field of study.