HUAWEI CERTIFIED ICT ASSOCIATE – ROUTING AND SWITCHING
The routing and switching technology is a technology that connects network devices and implements data transmission. The switching technology can ensure data transmission at the data link layer, and the routing technology ensures data transmission at the network layer. The routing and switching technology is a basic knowledge required by engineers.
This course is broken up into two sections. The entry level section introduces basic concepts and basic network knowledge of routing and switching. The intermediate level section is more advanced and introduces various advanced network technologies and protocols in the routing and switching network, and expands the network knowledge of trainees, to cope with complex network service configurations. At the end of the course, students will write one exam to obtain certification.
This is an online course that leads to Huawei Certification at Associate level (HCIA).
- Have access to a computer and the internet.
- Be familiar with PC operations.
- Have a basic understanding of IT technologies and network knowledge.
Theory Teaching Component
- Introduction to Transmission Media
- Ethernet Framing
- IP Addressing
- Internet Control Message Protocol
- Address Resolution Protocol
- Transport Layer Protocols
- Data Forwarding Scenario
- VRP Foundation
- Navigating the CLI
- File System Navigation and Management
- VRP Operating System Image Management
- Establishing a Single Switched Network
- Spanning Tree Protocol
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- Basic Knowledge of IP Routing
- IP Static Routes
- Link State Routing with OSPF
- DHCP Protocol Principles
- FTP Protocol Principles
- Telnet Protocol Principles
- Link Aggregation
- VLAN Principles
- VLAN Routing
- Principle and Configuration of HDLC and PPP
- Principle and Configuration of PPPoE
- Network Address Translation
- Access control lists
- Securing Data with IPSec VPN
- Generic Routing Encapsulation
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- Introducing IPv6 Networks
- IPv6 Routing Technologies
- IPv6 Application Services-DHCPv6
- MPLS Basic Principle
- SR Basic Principle
Experiment Teaching Component
- eNSP-based Basic Network Construction
- Basic Device Configuration
- Ethernet Interface and Link Configuration
- Configuring STP
- Configuring RSTP
- Configuring Static Routes and Default Routes
- OSPF Single-area Configuration
- Configuring DHCP
- Configuring the FTP Service
- VLAN Configuration
- Inter-VLAN Routes, Configured with Layer 3 Switching
- HDLC and PPP Configuration
- Configuring a PPPoE Client
- Configuring NAT
- Configuring an ACL to Filter Enterprise Data
- Configure the Local AAA
- IPSec VPN Configuration
- GRE Tunnel Configuration
- Deploying an IPv6 Network
- 1 online examination
Upon completion of this course, students will receive an internationally recognised Huawei Certified ICT Associate Routing & Switching certificate that will be valid for three years. In addition, Huawei will recommend students to their partners and customers, giving students access to more job placement opportunities.
R 13 450.00
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 13 000.00
R 600.00 X 21.7 months
Please note that the registration fee shown applies to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
WHAT IS AN ONLINE COURSE?
An online – or e-learning – course is a course that you complete online, using either a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet. When you study an online course with Oxbridge Academy, you do not need to attend any classes – real or virtual! You simply work through the course material in your own time from home (or any other location where you have access to the internet).
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS – SKILLS
Basic internet and computing skills are required to complete an online course. These include the following:
- Using a browser
- Downloading a free browser from the internet
- Downloading a browser plug-in, such as a video player
- Posting to a discussion forum/board
- Downloading and saving a file to your computer
- Uploading a file by browsing your computer to locate a file
- Entering your responses in a web form, such as in the case of an online quiz
- Sending emails to your tutor/instructor or peers
- Additional skills may be required for certain courses.
|"With all respect I really appreciate what you did for me. You changed my entire life and now I can hope for a better future. You stood by me from day 1, you helped me, you encouraged me, you believed in me when I wasn't able to believe in myself. Thank you very much." |
Gracious Maria Ngweyarudza