Childhood Development Courses
National Certificate: N5 Educare
Last date of enrolment: 31 May 2024
Last exam date: November 2025
This course builds on the knowledge and skills that you gained in the previous level, and further prepares you for working in the childcare environment. It also equips you with more of the knowledge and skills that you need to work in the field of early childhood education.
Studying this course may be a good option if:
- You have already completed the N4-level course.
- You want to continue working towards a career as a playschool teacher, day care centre administrator, day care centre manager, or assistant Grade R teacher.
- You want to start up your own ECD centre.
- You plan on furthering your education at university-level in future.
Please note that the Nated Educare courses include both a theoretical and a practical component. To complete the practical component, you will be required to spend a certain number of hours at an ECD facility (such as a crèche), and to present a certain number of lessons (under supervision of a qualified teacher, childcare worker, or ECD practitioner).
- N5 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 66971
- 60 Credits
- Educare Didactics N5
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management N4
- Educational Psychology N5
- Day Care Communication N5
Students are required to complete the following:
- 3 – 4 assignments per subject
- 1 exam per subject
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement: N5 Educare from the DHET.
N courses are offered and assessed by Oxbridge Academy. After gaining a qualifying year mark, students will be admitted to write the national examination at an approved venue. Read our Exam letter for information on writing the exams.