Business Management Courses
Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Teaching and Learning Development
If you are an educator fulfilling the role of Head of Department (HOD), Deputy Principal and/or School Principal and you are looking to complete a quality professional development learning programme to enhance your management skills, this course is ideal for you.
Studying this course will teach you more about:
- Understand, explain and describe the roles of an educator within the structure of the South African education system.
- Apply cognitive theories of learning to lesson design.
- Apply a constructive approach to teaching to ensure inclusivity in the classroom.
- Evaluate and select appropriate teaching strategies to develop professional practice.
- Assess different models of and approaches towards curriculum development.
- Employ relevant assessment criteria when evaluating the selection and use of learning, teaching, and support material.
- Critically evaluate a South African assessment programme.
- Navigate, plan and initiate parent-educator partnerships.
- Demonstrate a total awareness of diversity and a multicultural learning environment.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme.
- Minimum of four years teaching qualification.
- Preferably be in a management position within the teaching environment.
- Be proficient in English.
- Must be able to engage in self-directed study.
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning
- The Educator as a Mediator of Learning
- The Educator as an Interpreter and Designer of Learning Programmes and Materials
- The Educator as an Assessor
- The Educator as a Scholar, Researcher and Lifelong Learner
- Designing and Operational Plan
- The Educator as a Leader, Administrator, and Manager
Students will be required to submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE).
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Teaching and Learning Development from Oxbridge Academy.