Business Management Courses
Occupational Certificate: Retail Supervisor
The purpose of this qualification is to equip a learner with knowledge and skills to operate as a retail supervisor. A retail supervisor oversees, controls and co-ordinates the work performance of a team in a specific area in a wholesale and retail outlet. Studying this course may be a good option if you are already employed in the wholesale and retail industry and seeking progression opportunities.
The appointment of a retail supervisor is usually characterised by choosing the best person in a job and promoting them to supervisor. These people have a major impact on the organisation’s ability to provide the correct level of customer service and to operate with productive teams who minimise losses to the organisation and contribute meaningfully to the success of the organisation by leading their teams through good supervision.
Retail supervisors supervise within a number of varying contexts and require knowledge of both supervisory skills as well as job skills. The wholesale and retail sector has identified the position of retail supervisor to be a scarce skill and many of the characteristics of retail supervision as critical skills.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Supervise retail and wholesale staff.
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of retail or wholesale operations.
- Analyse causes of customer complaints and resolve them in a manner that promotes customer loyalty.
- NQF Level 4 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 99573
- 100 Credits
16 months (1000 notional hours)
NQF Level 4 with Mathematical Literacy and Communication.
- Concepts and principles of supervising Wholesale or Retail staff
- Concepts and principles of monitoring and improving performance
- Concepts and principles for the implementation and maintenance of retail or
- wholesale operations
- Concepts and principles of enhancing customer service
Practical Skill Modules:
- Supervise retail or wholesale staff
- Monitor and control the work performance of a team
- Supervise operations
- Supervise service to internal and external retail and wholesale customers
- Resolve queries and complaints from internal and external retail and wholesale customers
Work Experience Modules:
- Processes and procedures for supervising wholesale or retail staff
Students are required to complete the following:
- 3 theoretical assignments
- 5 practical assignments
- 4 workplace assignments
The W&RSETA is the assessment partner and will conduct the external exams. In order to qualify for the external summative assessment, learners must have a copy of a completed and signed Statement of Work Experience as well as proof of successful completion of the Knowledge, Practical, and Workplace Modules.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Occupational Certificate: Retail Supervisor from the QCTO.
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management (Wholesale and Retail Management, Level 4)
- National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail (Buying Planning, Level 5)
- National Certificate: Wholesale and Retail (Operations Supervision, Level 5)