Business Management Courses
Occupational Certificate: Cash Office Clerk
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as a Cash Office Clerk. A Cash Office Clerk processes back office transactions in order to balance Point of Sale transactions, deposit daily takings and prepare deposits, requisition and control floats, change and petty cash in order to fulfil business and customer requirements.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Cash up and consolidate multiple tills as point of sale.
- Prepare and deposit multiple till takings in a retail environment.
- Control float, change and petty cash in a retail environment.
- NQF Level 2 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 101863
- 30 Credits
NQF Level 1 with Mathematical Literacy and Communication.
- Concepts of cashing up (1 Assignment)
- Principles of cashing up (1 Assignment)
- Principles of consolidating daily takings (1 Assignment)
- Principles of banking (1 Assignment)
- Principles of float, change, and petty cash control (1 Assignment)
- Balance tills, calculate & deposit daily takings, control floats, petty cash (Practical 4 assignments)
- Cashing up, deposit daily takings control floats, change, petty cash (Workplace 3 assignments)
Students are required to complete the following:
- 5 theoretical assignments
- 4 practical assignments
- 3 workplace assignments
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Occupational Certificate: Cash Office Clerk from the QCTO.