Business Management Courses
Occupational Certificate: Cash Office Clerk
The Occupational Certificate: Cash Office Clerk prepares students to operate efficiently as Cash Office Clerks. They will learn to process back-office transactions, balance Point of Sale transactions, handle daily takings and prepare deposits, and manage floats, change, and petty cash. This qualification equips students to meet business and customer requirements effectively.
A qualified learner will be able to:
- Consolidate and balance multiple tills as a point of sale.
- Prepare and deposit multiple till takings in a retail environment.
- Manage float, change, and petty cash in a retail environment.
- NQF Level 2 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 101863
- 30 Credits
NQF Level 1 with Mathematical Literacy and Communication.
- Concepts of cashing up (1 Assignment)
- Principles of cashing up (1 Assignment)
- Principles of consolidating daily takings (1 Assignment)
- Principles of banking (1 Assignment)
- Principles of float, change, and petty cash control (1 Assignment)
- Balance tills, calculate & deposit daily takings, control floats, petty cash (Practical 4 assignments)
- Cashing up, deposit daily takings control floats, change, petty cash (Workplace 3 assignments)
Students are required to complete the following:
- 5 theoretical assignments
- 4 practical assignments
- 3 workplace assignments
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Occupational Certificate: Cash Office Clerk from the QCTO.