Business Management Courses
Occupational Certificate: Bank Teller
The Occupational Certificate: Bank Teller equips students with the necessary skills to excel in the role of a Bank Teller. Bank Tellers play a crucial role in accurately processing a wide range of banking transactions, ensuring customer satisfaction, and minimising risk for both the bank and the client.t
Throughout this qualification, students will learn how to efficiently process customer deposits and encashments, and handle cheques, transfers, credit card payments, money orders, certified cheques, and other related transactions. They will develop the ability to count money physically and using electronic devices.
In addition, Bank Tellers will prioritise security and risk management by adhering to appropriate banking procedures and remaining vigilant for any suspicious behaviour. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to respond effectively in cases of robberies and emergencies, ensuring the safety of themselves, their colleagues, and customers.
Ultimately, upon successful completion of this qualification, students will possess the following capabilities:
- Accepting and processing deposits and encashments with precision.
- Minimising risk for clients and the bank through adherence to security protocols.
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering exceptional service and meeting customer needs.
Embark on the Occupational Certificate: Bank Teller to acquire the necessary expertise and become a skilled professional in the banking industry.
- NQF Level 4 – accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO)
- SAQA ID: 101673
- 49 Credits
NQF Level 4 with mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
- Workplace fundamentals
- The banking industry and banking rules and regulations
- Deposits and encashments
- Security at banks
- Customer service and satisfaction
Practical Skill Modules:
- Conduct bank teller operations
- Minimise risk in a banking environment
- Achieve customer satisfaction
Work Experience Modules:
- Processes to accept and process deposits and encashments
- Processes to minimise risk to client and the bank
- Processes to achieve customer satisfaction
- Meeting processes
Students are required to complete the following:
- 5 knowledge assignments
- 3 practical assignments
- 4 workplace assignments
The Bank Seta is the assessment partner and will conduct the external exams. In order to qualify for the external summative assessment, learners must have a copy of a completed and signed Statement of Work Experience as well as proof of successful completion of the Knowledge, Practical, and Workplace Modules.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Occupational Certificate: Bank Teller from the QCTO.
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Banking, Level 4, SAQA ID 20185
- National Certificate: Banking Level 5, SAQA ID 61589