Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Education Mentoring and Leadership
If you are an educator fulfilling the role of Head of Department (HOD), Deputy Principal and/or School Principal and you are looking to complete a quality professional development learning programme to enhance your management skills, this course is ideal for you.
Studying this course will teach you more about:
- Critically evaluate the concept of school-based management as a decentralisation strategy of driving school improvement.
- Show an understanding of the leadership context within a selected school by analysing the external and internal school environment.
- Understand and critically evaluate a school’s leadership model.
- Understand and critically evaluate the Integrated Quality Management System (IQMS) within a school.
- Apply various coaching and mentoring tools and techniques.
This is a non-accredited Short Learning Programme endorsed by the South African Council for Educators (SACE). Upon completion of this course, registered educators can earn 35 professional development (PD) points towards their Continuing Professional Teacher Development (CPTD).
- Minimum of four years teaching qualification.
- Preferably be in a management position within the teaching environment.
- Be proficient in English.
- Must be able to engage in self-directed study.
- School-based Management Leadership in Context
- A Leadership Model for a Decentralised SBM School
- The Role of the Integrated Quality Management System as a Performance Management Tool
- Coaching and Mentoring – A Tool to Stimulate Teacher Growth and Development
Students will be required to submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE).
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded an Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Education Mentoring and Leadership from Oxbridge Academy.
Educators registered with SACE can earn 35 professional development (PD) points towards their Continuing Professional Teacher Development (CPTD).
Course Price (Excl. Reg Fee):
R 450.00 X 15 months
Please note that the registration fee shown applies to South African students only. Foreign students are required to pay a non-refundable R2400 deposit instead of a registration fee.
What is distance learning?
Distance learning, also known as correspondence education or home study, is a form of education where there is little or no face-to-face interaction between students and their instructors. Distance learning students usually study from home, instead of attending physical classes.
Some other features of distance learning include the following:
- Study material is delivered to students via post, courier, email, or the internet.
- Assessments are carried out by means of written assignments, exams, and/or portfolios of evidence.
- Academic support is provided to students through various channels, including telephone, post, email, and instant messaging programs.
Other Educational Management Development Courses
|"I was happy to be with Oxbridge Academy and now my friends and family they also like to sign in and be students of Oxbridge Academy and I suggested them to go to Oxbridge academy.edu.za to be the next graduates and me I will be back on November another course. Thank you." |