Study Financial Management via Distance Learning
Studying financial management via distance learning can help you to advance in your career by allowing you to develop your knowledge and skills on a full-time or part-time basis from home.
What is financial management?
Financial management refers to the activities involved in planning, directing, monitoring, organising and controlling the financial resources of an organisation. Some of these activities include:
- Analysing financial statements and interpreting financial information.
- Producing financial reports.
- Assessing financial risk and developing risk-reduction strategies.
- Managing budgets and cash flow.
- Predicting future financial trends.
- Formulating strategic business plans.
- Analysing the factors that influence business performance.
- Analysing competitor performance and market trends.
- Managing financial systems and controls.
- Liaising with external stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in financial laws and regulations.
Financial managers are the people responsible for carrying out these financial management activities. Their main role within an organisation is to provide financial advice and support to key decision makers, enabling them to make sound business decisions.
Where can I study financial management via distance learning?
You can study financial management via distance learning at Oxbridge Academy. The courses that you can choose from include the following:
National Qualifications (N4-N6)
- National Certificate: N4 Financial Management (SAQA ID 66874)
- National Certificate: N5 Financial Management (SAQA ID 66954)
- National Certificate: N6 Financial Management (SAQA ID 66998)
By studying via distance learning with Oxbridge Academy, you will:
- Be able to work and study at the same time (as you will be studying at your own pace from home).
- Be able to contact a qualified tutor for academic support via telephone and email whenever you need assistance with your coursework.
- Be able to pay for your course in affordable monthly instalments.
What are the benefits of studying financial management?
In most organisations, financial management is at the heart of the decision-making process. By studying financial management, you equip yourself with the skills you need to play a key role within the management structure of an organisation.
Further advantages of studying financial management include the following:
- You will be able to work in a wide variety of organisations, including small businesses, private companies, non-profit organisations, and government departments.
- You will be able to use your financial knowledge and skills in a wide range of careers.
- You will gain valuable management skills that you can use in various aspects of your life.
- You will gain a better understanding of the economic environment in which all businesses operate.
- You can use the knowledge and skills that you gain to manage your personal finances more efficiently.
Some of the career options that will be available to you once you have completed suitable courses in financial management include the following:
- Asset Manager
- Business Analyst
- Commercial Financial Manager
- Credit Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Director
- Financial Manager
- Financial Performance Management Consultant
- Financial Planner
- Financial Risk Manager
- Head of Finance
- Retail Financial Manager
Please note that some of these career options are senior positions that will only be available to you once you have gained numerous qualifications, along with years of relevant experience.
Click here to view a full list of bookkeeping, accounting, and financial management courses at Oxbridge Academy.