What Is Massage?
Massaging forms part of the beauty therapy industry, and involves treating the body using rubbing or kneading techniques, oils and creams. Massaging is a relaxation-oriented beauty therapy treatment that helps to relieve tension and stress. Massaging techniques can be applied to all parts of the body, but most people prefer the neck and back areas.
What Are The Various Massage Styles?
There are various massaging styles that a massage therapist can perform, with each of the different styles having a specific aim or focusing on a specific area of the body. For example:
- Deep Tissue Massage – Deep tissue massage is a type of massage intended to release muscle tension or knots.
- Pregnancy Massage – Pregnancy massage is a combination of relaxation massage and deep tissue massage.
- Relaxation Massage – Relaxation massage is a gentle, flowing style that promotes general relaxation and tension relief.
- Sports Massage – Sports massage concentrates on the prevention and treatment of injuries to muscles and tendons.
Why Should I Study A Massage Therapy Course Via Distance Learning?
While massage therapy is a largely practical subject, it also involves many theoretical aspects that you need to grasp if you want to have a thorough understanding of this form of beauty therapy. By doing a massage therapy course via distance learning, you can gain the theoretical knowledge and skills that you need by studying in your spare time from home. When you do the distance learning Massage Therapy Course at Oxbridge Academy, you will cover the following:
- Professional Salon Skills
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Massage
- Full Body Massage Techniques
You can then practise what you learn by offering massages to friends and family, or by looking for a position as a part-time assistant to a massage therapist/masseuse.
Where Can I Study Massage Therapy Courses?
You can study massage therapy via distance learning with Oxbridge Academy. With distance learning, you can complete your course from the comfort of your home, or even during your spare time at the office. There are no physical classes that you need to attend, and you are free to complete your studies at your own pace.
Click on the link below to view the course details:
Other beauty therapy courses available via distance learning in South Africa include courses in: