Make-Up Artist Training
What Is A Make-Up Artist?
A make-up artist is a person who applies cosmetics, usually for people working in theatre, television, film, fashion, or the modelling industry. A professional make-up artist usually has a make-up or beauty therapy qualification.
What Would My Job Description Be As A Professional Make-Up Artist?
As a make-up artist, your job description may include:
- Interpreting the make-up requirements of customers and clients
- Using make-up to contour, colour, and beautify appearances
- Using make-up, together with your understanding of the anatomy (especially the facial structure) to create particular looks or special effects
- Working to tight deadlines
These are only a few examples of the tasks that a make-up artist may be required to perform. Your exact duties and responsibilities will depend on the nature of your employer, the industry in which you work, and the type of clients that you work with.
Where Can I Receive Make-Up Training?
You can receive make-up training via distance learning with Oxbridge Academy. Distance learning enables you to complete your training from home, instead of attending classes. When you study with Oxbridge Academy, you receive your study material via post or courier (or you can download it from the internet), and you receive academic support from your industry-expert tutors via telephone, e-mail, SMS, and/or post.
Click on the link below to view the course outline for the make-up application course:
Please note that this is not a formal qualification – it is a non-credit bearing skills course designed to introduce you to the field of make-up application.
Why Should I Choose Oxbridge Academy?
- You will be studying at an established college.
- You will have the opportunity to further your studies, even if you don’t have Matric.
- You can enrol at any time of the year.
- You will be able to study from home.
- You will receive academic support from a qualified tutor.
- You will gain introductory knowledge and skills in make-up application, which will help you to determine whether make-up artistry is something you would like to pursue further.
Click the button to view the full list of Beauty Therapy Courses available at Oxbridge Academy.