Hi Oxbridge Academy students – my name is Lauren, and I am an employee at Oxbridge Academy and a mother to a vibrant 18-month-old baby girl. Motherhood has been such an amazing journey for me, and I’m sure all mothers would agree when I say that motherhood is tough, yet so rewarding!
I recently saw a video clip where applicants were applying for a job via Skype, and the person conducting the interview told them about the job requirements. He mentioned:
- It’s a 24-hour job commitment>
- The client could call you up anytime and you would have to be there
- There are no lunch breaks
- There are no off weekends
- There are no holidays or leave days
- You have to constantly make sure your client is happy, no matter what it takes
You would do it all for free!
The applicants immediately rejected the job offer, saying that no-one would ever accept an offer like that. The interviewer paused and told the applicants that there are millions of people doing it every day – they are called mothers! Let’s stop for a second, and appreciate all the mothers out there…
In the spirit of Mother’s Day, I have decided to ask some of the other mothers around the office what they love most about motherhood, and here are their replies:
From all of us here at Oxbridge Academy:
Happy Mother’s Day!