Are you a creative person? Then you might find this article interesting. As a creative person, you probably tend to think outside of the box, and you’re more likely to find ideas and inspiration in your surroundings.
Here are a few ideas on how you could turn your creativity into a career:
Create your own YouTube channel
Are you good at communicating ideas, or do you excel when it comes to explaining things to people? If yes, then try to use this form of creativity to start a YouTube channel. Find the things in life that you are most passionate about, and create and share videos about them on YouTube. If your videos are entertaining, and you build a big enough audience, you could start making money from advertising on your channel.
- Make your video content interesting, and keep each video short.
- Make your videos look professional, and try to keep the same style when it comes to the video layout.
- Share your videos on various social media platforms so that more people can find them.
- Keep things interesting by covering a variety of topics that relate to your main topic.
Become an interior decorator
Do you enjoy making spaces look pretty? Then you could consider becoming an interior decorator. Start small and begin with decorating your own house. Also ask friends and family whether they’d be willing to let you help decorate their spaces. Another option, once you’ve had some practise, would be to offer your services on social media. To improve your interior decorating knowledge and skills, consider studying a short course.
- If you decide to start up your own decorating business, create a website and a Facebook business page.
- Upload photos of your work on social media and mention the right people in the industry.
- Do research on the latest trends and combine this with your style.
Start your own business in the tourism industry
Do you enjoy interacting with people and sharing interesting facts about your surroundings? Then consider starting your own business in the tourism industry. We live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with many tourist attractions, so why not embrace this?
- Help your guests to make the most of their experiences by doing something extra for them. Throw in a surprise freebie, or offer a discount on certain packages.
- Know your competitors.
- Use your creativity to arrange unique and memorable experiences for your clients.
Need some help getting started in the tourism industry? Check out this list of courses that you can study on a part-time basis from home.
Become a travel writer or blogger
Are you a travel fanatic who loves to record your experiences in a journal or diary? Then you might enjoy starting your own travel blog.
- Start by keeping a day-to-day diary and taking pictures to illustrate your experiences.
- Practise blogging by starting out on a free platform (such as WordPress).
- Share your blog posts on social media to make them visible to a bigger audience.
Become a photographer
Do you have an eye for artistic photos that people would love to look at? Then consider doing a short course in photography, and start clicking away.
- These days, there are so many photographers that it can be tricky to turn photography into a successful career – so try to find an aspect that will make you stand out.
- Decide which industry you would like to specialise in: wedding photography, nature photography, fashion photography, sports photography, or something else.
- Save up for some expensive gear, as better equipment will enhance the quality of your photos.
- Create an online portfolio, and advertise your services on social media.
Start a career in day care
You might not immediately think of childcare as a career option for creative people. But creativity can give you a huge advantage in this field of work.
Have you always been the go-to babysitter in your family or friendship circle? And do you enjoy working with children? If yes, consider turning this into a proper job, where you can use your creativity to come up with interesting educational activities for children, and to find new ways to keep them constructively entertained.
- Get the right training for working with children in a professional capacity. (Click here for a list of courses)
- Try to educate the children while you’re looking after them. You could do this through playing educational games and creating art.
- Create a safe environment for the children to play and learn in.
Are you ready to turn your creativity into a career? Don’t wait – start small and start today.
To find out more about some of the courses you can study to help you turn your creativity into a career, go to: https://www.oxbridgeacademy.edu.za/courses/