It is important for professionals to keep up with workplace trends – and with the modern office relying heavily on digital technology, it is no wonder that more and more South Africans are seeking part-time PC training.
For example: Did you know?
Tips such as these will take your computer skills to the next level, and will help to make your computer-based tasks a lot easier.
If you want to learn how to use a computer more effectively, you can register for a PC training course. There are many part-time courses available that you can complete without having to take time off work, and without having to give up your other responsibilities.
Why should I consider a part-time PC training course?
If you want to develop your PC skills, and studying full-time is not an option, you could consider signing up for a part-time course. Here are a few reasons why part-time PC training is a good option:
- It offers you the flexibility of being able to learn new skills while you maintain a full-time job.
- It gives you time to practise your new skills between study sessions.
- It is available online or via distance learning, meaning you can study at your own pace, without having to attend any classes.
- It gives you the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills you can use, either to become more efficient in the workplace, or to start a career in IT.
Have a look at some of the PC training courses available at Oxbridge Academy:
You can complete this course entirely online. Some of the topics you will cover when you study this course include:
- Identifying the various hardware components of a computer
- How to use a keyboard and mouse
- Software applications
- How to use the internet, email, and social networks for work-related purposes
Once you have completed this course, you will have a basic set of computer skills, and you should be comfortable using a computer to complete a variety of tasks.
Other online courses include courses that prepare you for the CompTIA certification exams, as well as a web development course. The following courses are available:
- Oxbridge Academy Online Skills Certificate: CompTIA A+ 220 – 901 Preparation
- Oxbridge Academy Online Skills Certificate: CompTIA A+ 220 – 902 Preparation
- Oxbridge Academy Online Skills Certificate: CompTIA Security+ SYO-401 Preparation
- Oxbridge Academy Online Skills Certificate: CompTIA Network+ Preparation
- Oxbridge Academy Online Skills Certificate: Front-End Web Development
If you don’t want to study online, you can consider the following options:
Oxbridge Academy Skills Courses
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Computer Studies
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Computer Engineering
- Oxbridge Academy Skills Certificate: Computer Information Systems
- National Certificate: N4 Management Assistant (Computer Practice)
- National Certificate: N5 Management Assistant (Computer Practice)
- National Certificate: N6 Management Assistant (Computer Practice)
Note: This article was originally published in 2016, and has been updated for comprehensiveness and accuracy. Updated by: Dale Hes