Why Choose Us
It’s simple; choose us because we care!
We have more than 25 years’ experience in helping our students make a success of their education. By providing caring support every step of the way, we take the distance out of distance learning. It doesn’t matter where you are; we’ll always be here for you.
Let us take you by the hand and lead you through your distance learning journey. Choose from over 100 courses, ranging from national qualifications, skills certificates and short courses, and take the first steps towards the career of your dreams.
Through technology-assisted learning, you can study from the comfort of your home and receive all the support you need from our student advisors, tutors and academic staff. Caring for you is just as important to us as your education.
Want some proof? Click the button to see what our students have to say!
At Oxbridge Academy, You Can:
- Study at an accredited college.
- Choose from a wide range of courses (including fully accredited national qualifications).
- Further your studies even if you don’t have Matric.
- Enrol at any time of the year.
- Study from home.
- Receive academic support from a qualified tutor.
- Pay for your course in affordable monthly instalments – interest-free.
- Receive assistance in furthering your career.
An accredited college is one that has been recognised as meeting certain standards. By choosing to study at an accredited college, such as Oxbridge Academy, you can be secure in the knowledge that you will receive high-quality training from a reputable institution.
We are registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College in terms of Section 31(6)(a) of the Continuing Education and Training Act, 2006 (Act No. 16 of 2006). Registration No. 2009/FE07/070.
We are also accredited and/or approved as a training provider by the following bodies:
- Umalusi – to offer National Certificates (N1 – N3) in Engineering Studies
- QCTO – to offer National Certificates (Introductory N4 – N6)
- ETDP SETA – to offer assessor and moderator courses that are listed on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF)
- Saiosh – to offer occupational health and safety courses
(including fully accredited national qualifications)
At Oxbridge Academy, you can choose from a wide range of courses in fields ranging from bookkeeping and accounting to tourism and hospitality. Some of the courses are short learning programmes, which are not accredited, but are designed to equip you with workplace-relevant skills in your chosen field.
Other courses are fully accredited national qualifications, which are recognised by many employers, and are aimed at giving you the foundation you need to succeed in your chosen career. By choosing to study a course at Oxbridge Academy, you will be making an investment in your future. If you have completed a course at N6 level and can provide evidence of 18 months of relevant practical experience, you may be eligible to apply for – and receive – a National Diploma.
At Oxbridge Academy, we make it possible for you to further your studies, even if you haven’t completed Matric.
- You can enrol for most of our short learning programmes as long as you are at least 16 years old, and able to read and write in English.
- You can study one of the National Certificate N1-N3: Engineering Studies courses if you have passed Grade 10 with Mathematics and Physical Science. If you don’t meet the minimum entry requirements, you can complete a Bridging Course, which will give you access to the N1 courses at Oxbridge Academy.
- You can complete a relevant Introductory to N4 course to gain access to the National Certificate: N4 courses at Oxbridge Academy if you don’t have Matric.
- You can complete your Matric through us! Whether you’re an adult learner who wants to obtain a Matric qualification, or whether you want to rewrite subjects in order to achieve your NSC, we have options for you.
To find out more about the entry requirements for a particular course, you can have a look at the relevant detailed course information page on our website.
All of the courses at Oxbridge Academy are offered via distance learning. What this means is that you can complete your course from the comfort of your own home, without having to travel to any classes. Not only does this save you money on travelling costs, but it also makes it possible for you to work and study at the same time.
You also have the opportunity to go through the study material at your own pace, and to submit your assignments as you complete them. When you study via distance learning with Oxbridge Academy, you have the flexibility to complete a course or qualification without having to put the rest of your life on hold.
Our tutors are there to make sure that you are given all the help and support you need to pass your course. As an Oxbridge Academy student, you will always be able to ask a tutor for help if you get stuck with your studies.
Whether you need help with an assignment, or whether you need help with understanding a particular concept, you will be able to email a tutor, who will respond to you within 48 working hours. And if you have any administrative queries regarding your studies, a Student Support Representative will be there to answer all of your questions.
We acknowledge that quality education is an expensive investment – which is why we aim to make it as affordable as possible for you to study with us.
Therefore, you will:
- Not be charged any interest if you choose to pay your course fees in monthly instalments.
- Receive a Special Merit Award to cover 15% of your next course’s fees if you pass your initial course with distinction.
- Receive a 10% discount if any of your siblings are also studying with Oxbridge Academy. This discount will apply to both you and your sibling(s).
- Receive all of your textbooks (via post or free courier delivery) as part of your course fee. You won’t be expected to spend any extra money on textbooks.
At Oxbridge Academy, we realise that education alone is not enough to help you launch your dream career. That’s why we assist you in various practical ways when it comes to finding employment and other opportunities to gain that much-needed work experience.